HD PVR800 FEATURE DVB-S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
> It was claimed that only SATA hard drives can deliver required speed for smooth HBR HD recordings.

That does NOT surprise me. To capture a HD 1080I stream via a HDMI video capture card requires of the use of a striped RAID set. To think a regular EIDE hard drive or worse yet a USB stick will handle those data rates is laughable.

Sata/esata is awesome. But usb should work fine. My genpix skywalker has no problem tuning 50mbit streams. Rods asi usb interface is known to work at higher rates. I get 10MB/sec transfer on my usb hdd that's 80mbit/sec.

But the HDMI stream will be uncompressed. The data from the satellite will be compressed, even if it's lightly enough that you can't notice. There are USB-based devices that can capture HD from component video, although I'm not sure if they don't resample them to 720 and/or compress them to MPEG4 before sending them across the USB connection.

EDIT: Looks like UDL and I posted at the same time.

show HD STB PIC

Dvbworld, how about a picture of the remote and maybe a few shots of the menus?

Now i show the HD STB MENUS PIC:
25sa9us.jpg

this is more popular DiSEqC settings:
z5wzo.jpg

qss6bm.jpg

This is Blind scan functon:
dwrwjr.jpg

more system setup:
2z6a4xe.jpg

16k49ye.jpg

this is network settings:
2u7n1ja.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2u7n1ja.jpg
x4oqr.jpg

9bmc5z.jpg

jax2j7.jpg

2u6elwk.jpg

Last edited:
ikki

HBR DVB-S2 TS stream (usually H.264 compressed video) recording requires a lot less bandwidth than row HDMI data. On top, nobody was talking about recording such stream onto an average performance USB stick, except yourself, despite there are significant advances in USB Flash Drive read and write data rates that currently approached USB 2.0 standard max spec rate of about 30 MB/sec. Do you know what data transfer rate is required to record HBR TS Stream? :) Actual data transfer rates depend a lot on a particular USB HD model and its controller, and also on USB chipset model used by the STB motherboard, mobo cooling efficiency and other factors. That's why STB makers usually maintain a list of USB HDs that perform best in a pair with their STBs.

Last edited:
Will it (later) support multimedia playback over LAN / web? With what max bitrate / Ethernet connection speed?
We will consider to develop the functions.
DVB World

Some SatGuys members reported that AZBox multimedia playback & recording data transfer rates over LAN were at maximum when NFS Server was setup on the STB instead of Samba or other similar local network services. You may want to consider adding such option to your STB Menu.

To ensure high data rates, its always important to maintain efficient MoBo cooling. Some HD STB models currently used in NA are prone to overheating resulting in visible picture artifacts, so many people reported using external coolers or adding internal fans to these STBs, and some manufacturers restricted USB / LAN data transfer rates because of chipset overheating and stability issues. I have used 65mm low noise high airflow rate fans with thermistor controlled RPM inside an HD STB to stabilize its performance, and found it to be low cost quiet efficient solution. ;)

Since many people may be interested to discuss your STB, it makes sense to open a separate forum thread about it.

DVB World

Some SatGuys members reported that AZBox multimedia playback & recording data transfer rates over LAN were at maximum when NFS Server was setup on the STB instead of Samba or other similar local network services. You may want to consider adding such option to your STB Menu.

To ensure high data rates, its always important to maintain efficient MoBo cooling. Some HD STB models currently used in NA are prone to overheating resulting in visible picture artifacts, so many people reported using external coolers or adding internal fans to these STBs, and some manufacturers restricted USB / LAN data transfer rates because of chipset overheating and stability issues. I have used 65mm low noise high airflow rate fans with thermistor controlled RPM inside an HD STB to stabilize its performance, and found it to be low cost quiet efficient solution. ;)

Since many people may be interested to discuss your STB, it makes sense to open a separate forum thread about it.

our stb works is very excellent, it works power max 10W, so it work very cool, don`t any radiator, so, pls ask sadoun to buy our HD STB.

our stb works is very excellent, it works power max 10W, so it work very cool, don`t any radiator, so, pls ask sadoun to buy our HD STB.
Great! MIPS processors are known for low power consumption. Then there is nothing to worry about, no active MoBo cooling is needed.

Did you try to record and play back high bit rate streams via the USB port? What was the max data transfer rate, allowing for stable read & write operation into an external USB Hard Drive over extended time period, like 24 hours continuous recording and/or playback?

Just trying to clear upfront all the issues that were extensively discussed by SatGuys for other PVR STB models on the NA market because of mentioned problems they have. It well may be that your STB doesn't have any of these issues, just wanted to confirm that. :)

Could you show a photo with its right front cover open? A USB front port is often asked to be added for easy firmware upgrades via a USB Stick. Front and back USB ports don't have to work at the same time. I.e., one would do firmware updates using a front USB port, and record onto PVR HD via the back USB port, but not at once, hence no cost increase from adding the front USB port under Front Cover. AZBox experience shown that firmware upgrades are required almost daily. If an STB is placed inside a TV Stand behind closed doors, its inconvenient to do frequent firmware upgrades using its USB port on the back. But a USB HD for PVR recording can be permanently connected on the back, so no need to insert / remove it all the time. However, if you offer convenient firmware update feature over LAN, the USB front port may be redundant.

If you want to add a WiFi USB Dongle, its desirable not to permanently occupy the only USB PVR port by it, so an extra USB port may be desired on the back for such WiFi Dongle. That's why integrated WiFi is preferable. This is just a Wish List, anyway its for you to decide, and your STB looks really cool. ;)

Last edited:
OF OCURSE ,it is support auto blind scan , it is multimedia set-top-box for hd solution.

yes, all sat signal will be blindscan ( include S /s2 /data TP) , it is a cheapest HD receiver solution, so the price is very good.
if u are interest the STB ,pls contact with our sales (

you mention this two times yet I do not see any proof in the screen grabs. The closest thing I see is "auto scan" which to me scan the preloaded transponders. Too many times people mix "blind scan" with "auto scan" and we've been screwed

So I ask again...does it TRULY have blind scan? Can you show a screen shot of the blind scan menu?

Bump

Still waiting on pendragon's questions for be answered.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't think the question of 4:2:2 support was ever addressed. The profiles in the spec do not encompass this to my recollection. So dvbworld, does your new box:

1. Display 4:2:2 SD for MPEG-2?

2. Display 4:2:2 HD (to 1080i) for MPEG-2?

3. Display 4:2:2 SD for H.264?

4. Display 4:2:2 HD (to 1080i) for H.264?

Thanks!

if u want to konw ur questions ,ok, pls capture the each format TS 600M to us, we got the TS and we will show the picture in our STB to u. let it testify the fact. when u capture the TS ,pls tell us the FTP address ,thanks very much!!

Well you didnt answer the question...DOes it support 4:2:2?

Just because it does support DVB-S2 doesnt mean it supports 4:2:2 (**cough** VANTAGE **cough**)

seems like you dont want to answer the questions....you seem to spin it differently with other info.

Does it support 4:2:2??

Keep in mind guys, DVB Wolrd may not have video broadcast samples in his area to verify DVB-S2 and 4:2:2 in fact work, as well as high signal rate PVR recordings. He asked to provide him with such file samples, and nobody answered with FTP links to uploaded TS 600 Mb files. May be someone would be willing to upload the samples to give him a chance to finalize, verify and demonstrate these features on screen shoots. You know well, AZBox software updates are frequent, and if the demod in this box supports blindscan as he says, there is no reason to believe, it won't be added sooner or later. ;)

Same is true for 4:2:2, which depends mostly on adding certain codecs support to Linux distro used. Supporting high bit rates TS PVR may be hardware and software dependant, so it's a bit trickier.

Basically, he just introduced a new box, but I expect it to be a long shoot to make it do at once what we ideally expect it to do based on AZ waiting experience. Nonetheless, a lot of people bought AZ, thus giving the company financial support required to continue improving the box firmware.

you mention this two times yet I do not see any proof in the screen grabs. The closest thing I see is "auto scan" which to me scan the preloaded transponders. Too many times people mix "blind scan" with "auto scan" and we've been screwed

So I ask again...does it TRULY have blind scan? Can you show a screen shot of the blind scan menu?

Well you didnt answer the question...DOes it support 4:2:2?

Just because it does support DVB-S2 doesnt mean it supports 4:2:2 (**cough** VANTAGE **cough**)

seems like you dont want to answer the questions....you seem to spin it differently with other info.

Does it support 4:2:2??

Agreed Agreed and Agreed

Maybe dvbworld can send Sadoun or somebody here a box to evaluate? Seems to be best way to get a North American test of its capabilities.

Keep in mind guys, DVB Wolrd may not have video broadcast samples in his area to verify DVB-S2 and 4:2:2 in fact work, as well as high signal rate PVR recordings. He asked to provide him with such file samples, and nobody answered with FTP links to uploaded TS 600 Mb files. May be someone would be willing to upload the samples to give him a chance to finalize, verify and demonstrate these features on screen shoots. You know well, AZBox software updates are frequent, and if the demod in this box supports blindscan as he says, there is no reason to believe, it won't be added sooner or later. ;)

Thats fine and dandy but I didnt ask about S2 (which the specs show) or PVR (which I could care less about since I use a separate HDD/DVD recorder)

I asked to show a screen that shows blind scan and have yet to seen it. Heck someone a week ago asked and was told "yes it does".....big whoop. I can say my Captiveworks does blind scan. After all it does have a button that says "blind scan" yet it doesnt pick up anything. I want PROOF! I knew getting in to the azbox it didnt have blind scan and sort of does now (although not that very good) but if it can do blind scan on both DVB & S2 then we're talking.

If it can do 4:2:2 also (which isnt in the specs or yet to be proven) then that is great. If it can do blind scan but not 4:2:2 its no better than a Pansat 9200

If it cant do either (BS or 4:2:2) then my Coolsat 8000 is BETTER than (since it has a OTA tuner) and much cheaper :)

This has been spinning around enough, so I sent dvbworld a PM with a link to a short clip of 4:2:2 MPEG-2 HD at about 35 Mbps. Whatever their answer is may not be definitive, but at least it's a first step.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)