HD PVR800 FEATURE DVB-S2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is this receiver a clone of another receiver or there are other receivers out there that are clones to this? Who is the manufacturer? Website and support etc?
Kinda, this info is post on Page 15 of the Thread......

Still a lot of work need to be done on Software development ... some good examples are
exact same hardware clone of this.

Ferguson Ariva 200
Hiremco X3 Turbo HD
Smart MX04HDCA
Megasat HD800
Skymaster DXH900
Comag SL100 / SL50
Vizyon 1000HD
SETone HD4U
OpenSky 9300HD

PVR800-loader_Editor_HD.RAR

What use is this editor? I tried adding some channels to a saved firmware image, and when I tried to load it the receiver says "Upgrade data too large, failed." And it won't edit the .dbs files that are saved by the newest firmware, so editing the firmware file is the only way I can think of to add channels manually.

I like the fact that the new firmware will let you save your transponder/channel data separately from the firmware image, but it would be so nice to have a way to edit it.

too bad the sat list goes bye bye and back to eastern sats

Ice, I was going to contact you as I think I saw a week or 2 ago that you had listed your PVR800 for sale..I was wondering why, as I have been trying to make sense of this and the new AZ boxes... wondering what to do with what I have.... but I see you are still testing the PVR800..
Have you or others here experienced problems with the remote for this unit?
Out of the box this unit is difficult to do anything with, because the remote needs to be pointed directly inline with the sensor to work, if I am only 3 ft. lower and pointing upwards toward the unit with the remote it will not work, I have to hold it above my head, hence a pain in the butt to try and input TP data etc. etc. So a couple months ago, I set this unit aside, and went for the AZ Premium Plus, but having blind scan problems with that.. have you guys tried pairing this unit to the AZBox for the best of both worlds yet?
I am finding a lot of good links to files here, scattered around from page 1 thru 21, is there a file data base here that has the files for different receivers all in one place??
Thanks, HB

Ice, I was going to contact you as I think I saw a week or 2 ago that you had listed your PVR800 for sale..I was wondering why,
There isnt that much DVB-S2 on KU so its not needed for me anyways. If I was motorized on C-Band then yes it would be worth it. But I have a fixed dish at 99W for C-Band

Have you or others here experienced problems with the remote for this unit?
Out of the box this unit is difficult to do anything with, because the remote needs to be pointed directly inline with the sensor to work,
yep have that issue too. I think someone actually took the covering off that sensor and it worked beter.

I am finding a lot of good links to files here, scattered around from page 1 thru 21,

we actually have a thread on the Sathawk that has more of a "bug list" on it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...1-reviews-sathawk-pvr800-worlddvb-dvb-s2.html

I tried that too. Wouldn't update via usb "wrong type". But it did load correctly via rs232, but when i turned it on it didn't boot. I did not overwrite the bootloader, because i didn't want to end up with a dead box.

I did thesame but i I overwrote the bootloader. Now i have a dead box. Will not even take original software again. I am putting it in the trash today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)