HD PVR800 FEATURE DVB-S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Would this be the same channel editor used in the Traxis DBS3500 (aka AliEditor) ?
...It's kinda flaky but it does work with the 3500

There are several versions of Ali Editor ... not all works on all receivers.
Ali firmware is based on Chunks (Areas) with different functions.
You can identify yours on Menu >> Tools >> Information.

Bootloader , Maincode , Startup logo, Background Logo , Radio Logo ,
and the 2 used for channel editor:

Defaultdb = Factory Satellite/TP list and Default setings (TVsystem,language,etc).
Userdb = Sat/TP/Channels/PIDs and user changed settings.

Each chunk use a header with information (Size,CRC,Chunkname,CompileDate and Time).

Database used inside defaultdb and userdb have different version/formats
from one STB to another ... thats why Traxis editor dont work.

Here you have links to AZ-editor and Ferguson-editor to try.

Ferguson Editor (Ariva200)

AZ Editor (S900)

As for missing DVB-S2 TP, so far the Sathawk has found everything it should, with the exception of a weak signal.

I agree. The only time I locked a S2 and it didnt log channels that I knew were there was due to a low signal. Once I peaked the dish it logged i the channels just fine

There are several versions of Ali Editor ... not all works on all receivers.

Here you have links to AZ-editor and Ferguson-editor to try.

Ferguson Editor (Ariva200)

AZ Editor (S900)

Great Work! Thanks for the help. I was able to download the .abs file stored on the sathawk via rs232 (didn't work via usb com emulator) using the loader program found here: http://www.az-america.com/descargas/herramientas/S900_AZ-loader.rar

Once I had the file I used the AZ-editor that you suggested. I was able to add 3 channels to the transponder or change pids / apids. To upload much fast I just took the saved .abs file and put it on usb drive and uploaded the firmware to the sathawk. It would be nice to update the channel list without having to move the firmware, logo, and other data every time (would be faster and safer)

I attach a modified version of the latest firmware from sadoun the includes the manual entry c-band cw channels on galaxy 17. Note about using the editor: it forces you to add 3 audio channels and to edit the pids/apids the SID must be 0.

Attachments

• Sadoun_Factory_CWs.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
This looks to be a much better editor for .abs files (EDIT doesn't save file correctly)
Wolfgang Litzingers SetEditHD100

Ferguson Ariva 200 Manual attached. If you search google for the Ferguson Ariva 200 AC3 I found a change log of new firmware for it and it had an AC3 problem that was fixed.

Maybe we should have just bought a few Ferguson Ariva 200.

Attachments

• A200_manual_EN_v5.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 817
Last edited:
I attach a modified version of the latest firmware from sadoun the includes the manual entry c-band cw channels on galaxy 17
Did the Audio Pids hold? All the editors I tried, the APIDs defaulted to 0 (zero) But I was just uploading DDB and UDB, I did not try the whole Firm.

Yea the audio pids worked just fine. I did the whole firm. First I downloaded the whole firm (data dump) from the machine using the loader. Used A-Z editor to open up the user database stuff, make my changes and saved the changes back to the data dump. It was quicker to take the dump / firmware on usb to write it back.

This is the only way it worked for me. I could not get Ali Editor or AZ editor to upload/dowload any data on its own... it would connect then go from 0 to 100% very slow and then say it failed when it was done. So i used the loader.

if its a clone of AZbox, then why this box didn't decode the 4:2:2 videos?
The Solomend / Sathawk is not a clone of the AZBox.
On the We Page he posted, there is also what looks like an AZ Box Elite clone, or similar unit.

This is a very intersting website to read:
It looks to have the Sathawk Receiver (different name)
It also has a receiver that is an AZBox Elite Clone

HGDVB Free to Air Receiver TV

This is the chinese factory who makes sathawks. About editor , did you try different db formats ? Once full dump is patched by editor you can change usb upgrade type to default.db (factory list) or user.db (user list + settings).

This is the chinese factory who makes sathawks. About editor , did you try different db formats ? Once full dump is patched by editor you can change usb upgrade type to default.db (factory list) or user.db (user list + settings).

no. i have been using full dumps and uploading / downloading / editing that.

just i got my solomend, and i unable to upgrade the s/w "A200_20100308_1.04B7" (Ferguson-200) with my box and it says as"file mismatch"....how i can fix this? any idea from experts?

regards-george

...and it says as"file mismatch"....how i can fix this?...
Lpraderi mentioned something about Headers and Checksums. Shoot him a Private Message, maybe he has some info. I'm guessing that you must slightly modify the firmware for it to load.

Lpraderi mentioned something about Headers and Checksums. Shoot him a Private Message, maybe he has some info. I'm guessing that you must slightly modify the firmware for it to load.
thank u, yeh i also just modified some thing in header and boot loader info but, still i m very very unlucky...not succeed! :mad: may b i have done something wrong!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)