HD Quality Choice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

clovett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
United States
Yesterday I went to download a show off on demand and for the first time I get a choice. I can get high quality HD or I can get faster download HD. I've never had this choice before.

I understand one is better than the other but does anyone know what formats/quality options are being offered?

And I have a Genie HR44

Just guessing, but probably the higher quality is 1080p and the lower is 1080i. If so, there isn't that much difference between them.

Just guessing, but probably the higher quality is 1080p and the lower is 1080i. If so, there isn't that much difference between them.

I'm guessing it has something to do with my new cable connection. We just moved and the Charter connection here is 60 mps download speed. I just ordered a new Linksys 6500 router that does AC. If the quality is much higher I will get an adapter that allows me to hook the Genie directly to the adapter giving it super high speed all the time. The wireless for the Genie is iffy at best.

No,it's 1080i and 720p I think.
1080p/24 actually uses less bandwidth than 1080i......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)