Hd Radio Faq

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
HD Digital Radio FAQs

How do I use my new HD Radio:

1. Tune to the FM frequency broadcasting your desired programming (such as 102.7). If the FM station is also broadcasting in HD you will see "HD" displayed on your radio. If "HD" does not appear, the station you selected may not be broadcasting in HD - just analog FM.

2. To listen to a radio station's regular FM programming select HD Channel Your radio dial may read 102.7-1 or 102.7-HD1

3. To listen to unique HD programming being broadcast by the FM station; select HD Channel 2. Your radio dial may read 102.7-2 or 102.7-HD2. Some FM stations may have HD3 channels also.
Please see your radio manufacturers user manual for additional assistance using your HD Radio.

Do I need a new radio?

If you don’t already own an HD digital radio, you will need a new radio to hear HD broadcasts and HD2 multicast channels. Radios that have HD digital radio and HD2 capabilities have an HD Radio logo on the face of the radio. Look for the logo to be sure the radio has the features you want.

Does HD Radio cost me a subscription fee?

No, it is free and local radio and you do not have to pay a subscription fee to hear the stations. You simply need a HD digital radio!

What does this new radio do that my old radio won’t do?

HD digital radio gives you an unprecedented range of new channels and formats plus your favorite local stations in crystal-clear digital sound. HD Digital Radio means FM that sounds like a CD, AM that sounds like FM and farewell to snap, crackle and pop. Because digital signals can carry more information, the digital radio revolution also means a wide variety of new programming and new formats on HD2 multicast channels. And since its radio, it’s still local and free.

How do I get a new radio for my car without buying a new car?

You can buy a new HD digital receiver and have it installed in your car.

Can I hear HD Radio from my home town in another city?

HD digital Radio is local radio. You can hear it in the city where the broadcasts originate. Some radio stations and HD2 channels are also streamed on the web and you can listen to those on your computer from anywhere in the country. Go to your station’s Web site to learn about these capabilities. Listening on the Web is a great way to “test drive” the new HD2 channels, and then buy that new radio to hear them all the time!

How do the radio stations make money if there are no commercials on the HD2 channels?

Some radio stations have chosen to provide the new and exciting HD2 channel programming in a commercial free environment for the next few years. This commitment is great for listeners and gives broadcasters a chance to showcase their new products and to give the listeners time to use and enjoy the new HD2 technology while they also enjoy their favorite AM and FM stations.

How do I find the HD2 channels on the radio?

Once you have an HD digital radio reciever, you would tune to your favorite radio station like always. One click of the dial beyond it, you’ll find the HD2 multicast channel for that station. Your favorite stations are still in their usual place on the radio dial. Note: radio manufacturers design the way you scroll through radio channels, so some products might tune a little differently. Please read the product’s user manual or call the manufacturer.

I think I have an HD Radio but I can not find the HD2 channels, what do I do?

Contact your manufacturer. Some radios were produced with the improved HD digital radio sound quality but they do not have the HD2 channel capability. Most manufacturers have help line phone number on their web sites and the web sites are featured on the Products area of this site. If your HD radio does not have HD2 channel capability, you will need to purchase a new receiver to fully experience the HD digital radio revolution.

Can I listen to the HD2 channels now without a radio to test them out?

Some radio stations and HD2 channels are streamed on the Web and you can listen to them on your computer. Go to your station’s Web site to learn about these capabilities. Listening on the Web is a great way to “test drive” the new HD2 channels, and then buy the new radio to hear them all the time in much higher, CD-like quality sound!

What does the “digital” part of HD digital radio mean?

Digital signals can carry more information. The digital radio revolution means a wide variety of new programming, new formats on HD2 multicast channels and display information. And since its radio, it’s still local and free. More than 3,000 stations are currently upgrading to digital broadcasting, with more than 700 already on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)