HD Receiver audio boost?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jnelson

Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Las Vegas
Is there a way to boost the audio coming out of a DTV receiver? If you push the volume controls on the remote it wants to adjust your TV volume.

Any ideas?

Thanks!:up

no, that is how it works. the audio is output high impedence low level, and your tv/surround system changes it to low impedence high level for the speakers. either turn your TV up, or if your tv volume is not enough get a good surround system. HD shows always seem to have lower audio levels than non-HD versions.

Is there a way to boost the audio coming out of a DTV receiver?
An outboard audio pre-amp or mixer.

The output level is line level and not variable like you may have seen on some televisions (and probably some cable/converter boxes).

Thanks for the answers guys. This is not your normal DTV installation. This system is installed in a rack in a 10 rack server room and is providing HD and SD signals for encode demos. Someone had asked if we could boost the audio signal coming out of the DTV box but I didn't think so without a separate audio amplifier. I currently have it running into an SDI embedder in order to route it into our Matrix switcher.

Cheers

Thanks for the answers guys. This is not your normal DTV installation. This system is installed in a rack in a 10 rack server room and is providing HD and SD signals for encode demos. Someone had asked if we could boost the audio signal coming out of the DTV box but I didn't think so without a separate audio amplifier. I currently have it running into an SDI embedder in order to route it into our Matrix switcher.

Cheers

Tha answer to the question is the same though.
There is NO way to turn UP the recvr(s) as there is no way to turn up any other kind of input to the TV(s).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)