HD-Receiver built into HD-DVR?

RealSkyDiver

Feb 1, 2007
I was wondering if the HD-Receiver is already built into the DVR so I dont need to have 2 of those boxes (for which I'm currently in the waitinglist).

thanks

terryfoster

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 20, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
Yes, you will be receiving one box that is both a dual tuner and DVR. The box you receive will depend on your location, but if you're on a waiting list you're probably in line for a SA8300HD.

RealSkyDiver

Feb 1, 2007
Thanks, I live in Los Angeles (considered the Hollywood area by TW eventhough I dont live there) and they told me it takes like 2 weeks for the receiver and 1 month for DVR. Hopefully it wont really take that long....
Do you have some links to SA8300HD reviews so I know that I actually get?

Last edited:

terryfoster

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 20, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
I don't know where to point you. The reviews of the SA8300HD are split between those that get SARA or Passport software and I don't know what software type you would be getting. I would recommend looking for your local AVS forum to talk to people in your area and see what experiences they have with the box.

I personally didn't care for the box for several different reasons. It did record the shows I told it to most of the time, but there were user interface problems and other quirky problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts