HD receiver on Phase3 dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
I am having a issue with my HR21-700 on friends phase3 dish I get signal when I go to menu But when i put the channel on I see 771 searching for signal

I had this receiver on a slimeline and changed to a phase3 dish is there anything I need to do to get this to work correctly thansk

If your getting the 771 error on the HD channels you are out of luck. The phase 3 dish is pretty much only good for picking up SD channels now.

I am getting that on SD channels was't sure if something needs to be changed in settings on reciever.

I did a new setup and I get XXX on some of the satellite like 110/119 which are not needed

The Phase III "sees" the sats at 101, 110 & 119. The HD signals come from from the 99 & 103...which the Phase III is not designed to "see." It is a mechanical thing designed into the dish & LNB

This is not the same thing as the 3 LNB Slimline dish that "sees" the 99, 101 & 103.

Joe

i understand that I am only using it to recieve 101 and SD channels get 771 also teh guide is greyed out

Menu
Parental Favs & Setup
System Setup
Display
Preferences

Then under the Guide HD Channels drop down, select "Hide HD Duplicates".

I had this receiver on a slimeline and changed to a phase3 dish is there anything I need to do to get this to work correctly thansk

Was the slimline an SWM? (only 1 coax to the receiver) If so, that's probably what your problem is. You need to go into sat setup & change the dish to P3/multi-switch. (it might be on SWM instead, which will NOT work)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)