HD Receiver Outputs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

precplac

Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
I apologize if this has been asked before. I have done a search but not have not found an answer. I am currently a Dish Network customer and am looking at switching to Direct. Right now I have a 622 HD Dvr receiver. I get an HD signal on one TV and have a coax output signal split to three other TV's throughout the house. In reading the Directtv product manuals, it appears that the only outputs are A/V, component, or HDMI. Is there anyway to get the Direct signal to a coax splitter to run to the other TV's or does Direct have an HD DVR receiver that has a coax out? I like the possibility of Direct but have to have all of the Tv's in the house connected and the ability to watch different programs on at least two.

Thank you, I have tried to talk with Direct customer service and this seems to be off of their script.

To my knowledge, there are no HD DVRs available with coax out.

You would be able to use an RF Modulator (about $20) to take the composite (RCA) output and then split it off at that point.

Last edited:
You can also use an old vcr. Who doesn't have one or two of those stuffed away in a closet somewhere!

You would be able to use an RF Modulator (about $20) to take the composite (RCA) output and then split it off at that point.

But this would not allow the someone to watch two different programs on two different TV's around the house. D* DVR's are one signal out at a time, regardless of where or how it is being delivered.

You might want to get into the Cutting Edge section of the DirecTV forum and look at the discussions of MRV to see if that might help you a bit.

Directv does not have any DUAL TUNER DUAL OUTPUT receivers like the 622. You would use a HR22 as your HDTV receiver then a D12 standard receiver with a CH 3/4 RF output to service your other 3 TVs like DISH does with Tuner2. This will cost you $5/mo. for the second tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts