HD receiver worthwhile with S2 coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Looking for opinions on the worthiness of getting a HD box with DVB-S2 coming. Should I be concerned about dropping that kind of coin with a general trend toward S2? Or is it like anything else: buy it for today, use it while it lasts. :)

I've read that the Sonicview is pretty good. To be honest I was looking at the Captain 8000 due to it's inexpensiveness. I've only found positive reviews on it though I can only find them hack sites. But for $200 as opposed to $400, and does have blindscan, I'm tempted.

I've read that the Sonicview is pretty good. To be honest I was looking at the Captain 8000 due to it's inexpensiveness. I've only found positive reviews on it though I can only find them hack sites. But for $200 as opposed to $400, and does have blindscan, I'm tempted.

I do NOT think the Captain has blind scan. Make SURE of that before you plunk down your money. and I don't think the Captain does S2 either.

I'd get a Diamond 9000 HD, as cheaply as I could, and a good SD blindscanner, to make due for right now and wait. I like my Diamond.

BTW there is NO receiver that will blind scan DVB-S2.

Me too. I am after one especially for the ATSC feature.

You guys must be the ones outbidding me on fleabay :p.

No, just a whole bunch of true FTA guys are figuring out that the Diamond is the best available for what we want to do...now, it isn't really GREAT feature wise compared to say a Coolsat 5000 or the like. But a LOT of us think its about the most user-friendly HD/S2 receiver available.

I tried the Coolsat 8000 and I didn't like it. Personal preference I guess. :confused::)

Can anybody recommend a reputable dealer for a Diamond 9000?

Thanks...

I looked around and couldn't find a single dealer for the Digiwave Diamond 9000.

The Coolsats are everywhere. Nothing I could find states the 8100 can do S2. Can it?

Are there any HD receivers that do any kind of blind scan at all, right now, that anybody knows of, that works, now? The Pansat 9200 claims a "Smart scan" but these days I have to wonder if that does in fact mean blind scan. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)