Hd Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bacardiator

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 30, 2007
Hello,

I just wanted to know if I can use the following receivers and if the supposed new HD channels that will be launched by dtv will be able to be viewed on these receivers..

H10
D10
D11
Samsung SIR-TS160
s.gif
</IMG>

thanks.

You can use them, but they will not receive the new HD channels (only the H20 and HR20 will receive these). The H10 will receive the current national HD channels, but these may get moved to the new satellite (probably not soon, however). The D10 and D11 are only capable of SD reception (I don't know about the SIR-TS160).

Thanks.
Funny thing is, I just called dtv to ask them if the D10 and D11 would get the new HD channels, and the girl I spoke to said yes.

Thanks.
Funny thing is, I just called dtv to ask them if the D10 and D11 would get the new HD channels, and the girl I spoke to said yes.

She probably said that because the two new sats are also designated as D10 and D11, and will carry the new hd channels.

She probably said that because the two new sats are also designated as D10 and D11, and will carry the new hd channels.

Agreed. Plus the fact you really can't trust anything a CSR says.

The receivers D10, D11 and D12 are *SD* receivers. They don't do HD at all.

As mentioned, right now the only receivers that can get the new HD channels are the H20 and HR20 (DVR) as well as the yet unreleased H21 (replacement for the H20).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)