HD Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
I have a Samsung HD receiver and am tired of having problems watching my shows. I am going to get me a new receiver and thought maybe yall could recommend the best HD Receiver that you have came across. thanks for the help....

The Hughes HTL-HD has been VERY dependable to me. However they do not make them anymore.

I would wait for another week and a half or so for the H10 to be released. Robert at Value Electronics has said that they will be carrying them then, and will have a special Satelliteguys price for it.

I just picked up an H10 todayunder , so far it looks good - the menu's are a bit different - and I wish I could change a few things - but - the OTA tuner is stronger than the 360, and the picture output is clearer / sharper (I used to have a bit of "snow" on HD pictures) which is gone!!!

So far I have only seen Samsung H10s - software load is NOT like the samsungs, but, it is like the new Thompson D10

From what I have read about the new receivers it is a combined effort of receiver components, not each manufacturer building a certain number of receivers from start to end.

Example:

Samsung builds and supplies the chips and boards.
Philips writes the software that incorporates with the proprietary D* code.
RCA builds and supplies cases, power and final assembly.

This is just an example of the process.

I have the HT-HLD and the HD-TIVO and both have been very good so far. The
picture on the HLD is actually better than the HD-tivo. Try and get the LG-LSS3200A...it's just like the the HLD.

The LG LSS-3200A and Sony 300 are all no longer manufactured but you can find them as close outs on ebay and higher end retailers. I got mine in mint condition for $225 shipped. These are the 2 I would recommend. I have also heard decent reports on the RCA DTC-210.

I called D* today about the problem with the Samsung 360. They asked me to reboot the system, and to check my audio connection. I told them I only notice the problem with taped programming (like 24 on Fox), so I wouldn't know right away. The agent told me she would note the system and told me to call back and if there was a problem, they would send me a replacement box. I also asked if they were getting a lot of calls about the Samsung and she replied "Oh yea". Go Pats!

Robert -
How quickly do you think we be able to get the D10 box if you're getting them the week of the 24th. I would be upgrading to HD and would love the box in time for the Superbowl. Any ideas on when order entry will open?
THX

What would you guys choose, The Samsung 360 or the new H10 reciever made by Samsung/RCA/Philips. I currently have the 360 but there were no other HD recievers when i bought it back on Dec 15th. Would you take the 360 back and swap out for the H10? (Besides getting the HD-DVR)

Call me crazy but I kept my Samsung TS 360 and sent back a brand new RCA DTC 210! Why would I do such a crazy thing like that? Well, after hearing that a new receiver (H10) was being released I thought I would gamble. I too am having the same problems with the 360 that everyone else has and I am not happy. D* sent me a 210 as a replacement but then before I opened the box I heard about the new H10. Does anyone have any idea when the 210 inventory will be depleted? I plan on calling D* back when I think the H10 will be my replacement receiver.

i just install a hd tivo HR10_250 yesterday it looked real good and it come Best Buys

You can also buy top of the line models from hughes, sony, lg and zenith from ebay for the same money and add them to your account. i have added 2 this way for less money than these new lower end models.

Robert, I see the h10 listed on the website.. any word on the deal for satelliteguys members?

thanks

jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts