HD Reciever question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Which HD receiver is better, Hughes or Samsung? They both have DVI connections right?

This is sad, but it took me calling to cancel since my cable company offered me a killer deal on an HD/DVR box in order for Directv to finally cut me a deal on an HD receiver. They were able to give me the receiver for $0 and the off air antenna for $50 billed to me.

They will also be replacing my dish with a new one (same phase-III model) since they now think that's what's causing the rain fade problem.

Neutron said:
Which HD receiver is better, Hughes or Samsung? They both have DVI connections right?

This is sad, but it took me calling to cancel since my cable company offered me a killer deal on an HD/DVR box in order for Directv to finally cut me a deal on an HD receiver. They were able to give me the receiver for $0 and the off air antenna for $50 bill.

They will also be replacing my dish with a new one (same phase-III model) since they now think that's what's causing the rain fade problem.
That is a SWEET deal! I have the Hughes HTL-HD and I love it. My neighbor has the Samsung that D* sells, I prefer mine and I like the interfaces better on the Hughes. PQ I would say they are about the same.

Also, the HTL-HD is made by LG, same as the Sony ... so it is the same box with the smallest price tag.

D* is way better than any cable I have ever seen, but giving up an HD DVR (even a crappy one) would be tough.

The HD/DVR that the cable company offers is by Motorola. It has an 80 Gig hard drive.

This was a tough decision. I really like our Directv service I just wish our rain fade issue would get fixed. Fortunately they will fix it.

Which Hughes and Samsung models do they use nowadays? the CSR said those are my only choices. I know Directv has many HD boxes they use. Do these have DVI? If so, does the cable come with?

I have been reading that the Samsung models have been having 811-esque problems. Does anyone who has a Samsung have problems with theirs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)