HD Response from DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sudnshok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
I asked customer service a few days ago when we can expect to get more HD movie channels since our bills have now gone up by $60/yr. They asked me which channels I wanted, so I gave them the list below (I don't care about getting the west-coast duplicates):

HD Movie Channels I'd like:
IFC
@Max
5StarMax
ActionMax
MoreMax
OuterMax
ThrillerMax
WMax
HBO 2
HBO Comedy
HBO Family
HBO Signature
HBO Zone
The Movie Channel Xtra
Encore
AMC

Other HD Channels I'd like:
Travel
Outdoor Channel

They came back with the response that they "don't have plans to add the channels you've mentioned in HD at this time". So, I guess that's not good news to anyone hoping any of these will be added anytime soon. Bummer.

Five months left on my contract... counting down to Verizon FiOS.

In all honesty CSR's are not the best source for new programming or having any kind programming/upgrade information.

I put no credence in what a CSR had to say about your question. It's also not fair to expect them to. They are there to take orders, schedule installs, try and help you with equipment issues mostly from carefully scripted response cards and procedures.

As far as your leaving D*. Every company cannot be everything to everyone. Hope you enjoyed your service and enjoy FIOS.

As far as your leaving D*. Every company cannot be everything to everyone. Hope you enjoyed your service and enjoy FIOS.

I completely understand that. In fact, if you are a sports fanatic, then DTV is the way to go. They've got the best coverage for that stuff. Unfortunately, while I love baseball, I'm not a sports nut who cares about watching HS games on regional HD channels (major league games are blacked out anyway).

All I watch is HD. SD just looks too crappy on HDTVs to tolerate. The difference between DTV and FiOS as far as HD content is huge once you take out the 40 regional sports channels.

Not counting west-coast duplicates, DTV has 11 HD movie channels, which is pretty pathetic. FiOS has 26. They are both neck and neck for other national HDs at about 55 each. And both cost about the same.

Sadly, they are starting to run low on bandwith again.

D12 will go up late this year, be active early next year. They have stated plans to add HD then, but not what HD. The new D12 satellite would give them room for another 50 channels, and more local HD too.

I'd expect some of those 50 to be premiums. Especially HBO, since they announced that agreement two years ago and still haven't added any.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)