HD RSN status update wanted

Smith said:
Snapshots taken in a few minutes. You can compare 129W and 61.5W.

What does this mean? I'm a Noob and simply see one chart has more than the other particularly virtual video.

Newbie question

OK, I have another dumb question. I was looking at my installation info last night and noticed I get two satellites: 110 and 119. I don't believe 129 or 61.5 were even listed. Does this mean I won't get FSN North in HD?

:confused:

Tom Bombadil said:
You won't get it.

But then again, you can't be getting most of E*'s HD lineup if you don't have a dish pointing at either 61.5 or 129.

Hmmm .... I have the ViP622, I'm subscribed to the Silver package and I believe I get at least 29 of their HD channels (all but NGHD) now. I just got the ViP622 in June and they put up a new dish as well (the 1000?).

So now I'm REALLY confused! Any further info. GREATLY appreciated!

:)

I am in Minnesota and have a VIP211 with a Dish 1000......with the Silver package. I get Sats 110, 119 and 129. As far as i know all the HD channels I get are from the 129 bird.

Would somebody correct me if I am wrong ?

Tom Bombadil said:
You won't get it.

But then again, you can't be getting most of E*'s HD lineup if you don't have a dish pointing at either 61.5 or 129.

I am getting installed tomorrow after 8 years with D* and i am wondering if the dish from E* needs a much different line of sight than D*'s . Hate to have to cut down trees but I want my HD

Madtown HD Junkie said:
I am getting installed tomorrow after 8 years with D* and i am wondering if the dish from E* needs a much different line of sight than D*'s . Hate to have to cut down trees but I want my HD

Line of sight isn't much different but I will say that the 1000 dish does have to point much lower in the sky than say the 500 (?). But even if you have to trim some trees, you won't be kicking yourself for switching. We had D* for 18 months and got tired of waiting ... switched to E* and lovin' every HD minute of it!

JohnH said:
If you are receiving those channels, your reading of the switch test results is incorrect.

My bad. You are correct JohnH. My results match gjh3260. I just did the switch test and three birds show up: 110, 119 & 129. :D

Sorry for the misinformation earlier ... Does this mean I'll get FSN North in HD when available??? And will it just show up in my guide? Under the all HD list hopefully???

footer said:
My bad. You are correct JohnH. My results match gjh3260. I just did the switch test and three birds show up: 110, 119 & 129. :D

Sorry for the misinformation earlier ... Does this mean I'll get FSN North in HD when available??? And will it just show up in my guide? Under the all HD list hopefully???

If things follow as they have in the past you will be getting FSN North in HD since you are now getting FSN North with the Silver package. It should automatically show up in the guide.

The question is when will it be available ? Another thread says the RSN's may not be available for a few weeks.

The news from CEDIA is not positive, with regards to the RSNs in HD. Problems have been encountered, delays are expected, possibly a few weeks, maybe a few months, no dates have been established.

Then again, perhaps E* is toying with us and will turn them on within the next few days ... although that is looking increasingly unlikely.

DISH ROCKS!! Direct is behind the times and Dish blows everyone away when it comes to HD!! :)

Tom Bombadil said:
The news from CEDIA is not positive, with regards to the RSNs in HD. Problems have been encountered, delays are expected, possibly a few weeks, maybe a few months, no dates have been established.

Then again, perhaps E* is toying with us and will turn them on within the next few days ... although that is looking increasingly unlikely.

Thought I'd revive this thread, to ask a question:

What possible problems could Dish be having with the RSNs?

It doesn't sound like it's contractual, the way it seemed like with INHD. It sounds like they're raring to go.

Maybe it has something to do with blackout rules, so that only people who should be getting an HD game are getting it?

Baseless conjecture wanted here . . .

I'm sure Scott will chime in with more details but the word is that it's a, "software issue." Again, hopefully Scott can provide more details.

Still no FSN North in HD on E*

DANG!!! The Twins/Royals game just started on FSN North and it said, "Presented in High Definition where available." But not here on Dish!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)