HD Sony Camcoders for HOME

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Entire Article

JAPANESE electronics and entertainment giant Sony has launched a camcorder that takes video at digital high-definition quality for the home.

The 2kg HDR-FX1, set to go on sale next month in Japan and before the end of the year globally, sells for about US$3,600 ($6,120).

It can play current digital video cassette tapes for format compatibility with older models.

But Sony will also start selling a video cassette that's suited for high-definition digital recordings.

Sony plans to ship 5,000 of the camcorders a month in Japan. It did not give a sales target for other nations.

'Recording precious images at the best visual quality is important and the demand for that is sure to spread around the world,' Sony vice-president Shoji Nemoto told reporters at a Tokyo hotel.

A more affordable model is likely to follow, Mr Nemoto said. But he declined to say when that would be available.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I want one of these, however I want to edit the video on my computer, I wonder if there is any video software which can edit HD which is not mega expensive.

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Don't hold your breath on Sony's editing software, my camcorder came with Version 1.0 of their editing software and it sucks.

Todd Wiedemann

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Menomonee Falls, WI
Scott Greczkowski said:
I want one of these, however I want to edit the video on my computer, I wonder if there is any video software which can edit HD which is not mega expensive.

I think Adobe Premiere can ... it's not *killer* expensive, but costly.

Todd Wiedemann

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Menomonee Falls, WI
Scott Greczkowski said:
I have Adobe Premiere now, I didnt know it could edit HD, if so thats mega cool. :)

Sure, check this out, from Adobe's site, regarding Premiere Pro 1.5:

Project management tools
Quickly remove unused material from your project and consolidate the project's media into one location for easy archiving with the Project Manager.

Panasonic 24P/24PA support
Capture the look of film with support for new Panasonic 24P/24PA format cameras.

Bézier keyframe controls
Create more natural, elegant-looking effects using sophisticated, spline-based Bézier keyframe controls.

Effects favorites
Set your effect parameters for a keyframe, and then save them as presets you can apply anytime to ensure consistency from one project to another.

Support for HD content
Meet the highest production standards with support for importing, editing, and delivering HD content.

Auto-color adjustment
Automatically improve image quality using Adobe Photoshop® style filters, including Auto Levels, Auto Color, Auto Contrast, and Shadows/Highlights.

Project-ready Photoshop files
Quickly create a new image in Photoshop with the resolution and pixel aspect ratio of your current Adobe Premiere Pro project (some features require Photoshop CS).

After Effects plug-in compatibility
Access the plug-ins from your installed version of After Effects directly within Adobe Premiere Pro for even more visual effects.

After Effects clipboard support
Simply copy and paste between Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.

AAF and EDL support
Easily import and export project data with support for Advanced Authoring Format (AAF) and Edit Decision List (EDL) format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts