Please reply by conversation.
robert luzzi said:
hey robert,

THANKS

what is wrong with these guys??

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bob

ps thanks for the pix

.........bob
I have NO PROBLEM as long as my current receiver continues to get the HD programming I pay for. If they go MPEG4 and my receiver can still get MPEG2, then I agree with you, I SHOULD PAY for the upgrade. However, if they force me to go MPEG4 and obsolete my receiver, then THEY should pay.

Hey DTV TiVo Dealer,
I live in Atlanta, which you know is one of the first cities announced to get locals in HD within the next 4-5 months. Do you have any idea when DAVE will start this HD box switchout?????

Well, as you said, DIRECTV will transmit HD in MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 so they can swap out everyones boxes and dishes over a 6-8 month time frame.

You will also need a new 5 LNB dish system to see the 99/101/103/110/119 satellites. So my guess is somewhere between July '05 and February '06

-Robert

Not yet as DIRECTV does not seem to be able to engineer a retro fit head that can see all 5 satellites with the existing 18x20 dish reflector. Once they launch SPACEWAY 1 and 2 at 99 and 103 accurate testing can be done to design the 5 LNB dish system.

-Robert

I wonder how big the dish will be?

Hopefully it will still be smaller than the SuperDISH.

robert,

i came on board directv during the primestar conversions working thru the best HSP ever, EXCALIBUR , these newbies do not understand!!!

own my own company now

DIRECTV takes care of its own, whether it be subscribers or dealers!!

robert luzzi said:
robert,

i came on board directv during the primestar conversions working thru the best HSP ever, EXCALIBUR , these newbies do not understand!!!

own my own company now

DIRECTV takes care of its own, whether it be subscribers or dealers!!
I don't understand your position? First you say we should pay for the new equipment, now you say it's silly to worry about it (basically) since D* takes care of their customers. I'm kinda confused ???

J45p3r said:
I don't understand your position? First you say we should pay for the new equipment, now you say it's silly to worry about it (basically) since D* takes care of their customers. I'm kinda confused ???

um yeah.. i was okay with your position then you switched it.

I expect D* to keep the National HD we receive now on Mpeg-2 at least till some HD LIL gets launched. I would see them switching the HD over to Mpeg 4 at about that time.

robert luzzi said:
directv didnt change the rules, you will still recieve HD as you do now , if you want the mpeg 4 YOU PAY
This is not correct information. I was at the DirecTV Press conference, they plan on converting the current HD programming to MPEG4 as well. And to upgrade will be free or near free with a commitment.

robert luzzi said:
and you will also be able to watch HD just not in mpeg 4 BUT as you do NOW

got it??????? :cool:

yoy will still be watching the same hd that YOU HAVE NOW,, whant an upgrade or a new compoter or anew 5 gig phone ?????
BUY IT!!!!!! :shocked

Screw you and the horse you rode in on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Robert (VE) or Scott,

Do you know (or can you speculate) how D* will handle the new equipment for HD Tivo customers. I am in Atlanta also, and one reason I switched to D* because the of new HD Locals. Do you think it will be a software/firmware fix, or will it be a hard module addition/replacement to our current boxes, or will be a add-on box in front of the current HD Tivo, or will it be a full replacement of equipement.

Since, there is no known replacment equipement for the HD Tivo, I do not see how they will handle their "premier" customers with HD Tivos. I want the HD Locals, but I do not want to loose my ability to record HD, including the new channels.

By the way, I am confident that D* will take care of it's customers.

Thanks.

So, Mr Luzzi, according to you the 3 HD receivers that I purchased 2 weeks ago will have limited functionality vis-a-vis HD in a short time and I should pay even more than the already high amount that I just invested to be able to view HD. Would you then suggest that I exercise my 30 day right of recission and return them now for a refund??? I mean, I don't want to be stuck with a Ford when an Audi is within my grasp. Then again, maybe you're just plain wrong. ;) :rolleyes: (Don't worry Robert (VE), it's not happenin' since I trust that you and D* will do the right thing by me) :)

Oh, BTW: GO Colts!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts