hd/ tivo/dvr/ mpeg 2 or 4 whining has to stop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
robert luzzi said:
hey robert,

THANKS

what is wrong with these guys??

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bob

ps thanks for the pix

.........bob
I have NO PROBLEM as long as my current receiver continues to get the HD programming I pay for. If they go MPEG4 and my receiver can still get MPEG2, then I agree with you, I SHOULD PAY for the upgrade. However, if they force me to go MPEG4 and obsolete my receiver, then THEY should pay.

Hey DTV TiVo Dealer,
I live in Atlanta, which you know is one of the first cities announced to get locals in HD within the next 4-5 months. Do you have any idea when DAVE will start this HD box switchout?????

Well, as you said, DIRECTV will transmit HD in MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 so they can swap out everyones boxes and dishes over a 6-8 month time frame.

You will also need a new 5 LNB dish system to see the 99/101/103/110/119 satellites. So my guess is somewhere between July '05 and February '06

-Robert

Not yet as DIRECTV does not seem to be able to engineer a retro fit head that can see all 5 satellites with the existing 18x20 dish reflector. Once they launch SPACEWAY 1 and 2 at 99 and 103 accurate testing can be done to design the 5 LNB dish system.

-Robert

I wonder how big the dish will be?

Hopefully it will still be smaller than the SuperDISH.

robert,

i came on board directv during the primestar conversions working thru the best HSP ever, EXCALIBUR , these newbies do not understand!!!

own my own company now

DIRECTV takes care of its own, whether it be subscribers or dealers!!

robert luzzi said:
robert,

i came on board directv during the primestar conversions working thru the best HSP ever, EXCALIBUR , these newbies do not understand!!!

own my own company now

DIRECTV takes care of its own, whether it be subscribers or dealers!!
I don't understand your position? First you say we should pay for the new equipment, now you say it's silly to worry about it (basically) since D* takes care of their customers. I'm kinda confused ???

J45p3r said:
I don't understand your position? First you say we should pay for the new equipment, now you say it's silly to worry about it (basically) since D* takes care of their customers. I'm kinda confused ???

um yeah.. i was okay with your position then you switched it.

I expect D* to keep the National HD we receive now on Mpeg-2 at least till some HD LIL gets launched. I would see them switching the HD over to Mpeg 4 at about that time.

robert luzzi said:
directv didnt change the rules, you will still recieve HD as you do now , if you want the mpeg 4 YOU PAY
This is not correct information. I was at the DirecTV Press conference, they plan on converting the current HD programming to MPEG4 as well. And to upgrade will be free or near free with a commitment.

robert luzzi said:
and you will also be able to watch HD just not in mpeg 4 BUT as you do NOW

got it??????? :cool:

yoy will still be watching the same hd that YOU HAVE NOW,, whant an upgrade or a new compoter or anew 5 gig phone ?????
BUY IT!!!!!! :shocked

Screw you and the horse you rode in on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Robert (VE) or Scott,

Do you know (or can you speculate) how D* will handle the new equipment for HD Tivo customers. I am in Atlanta also, and one reason I switched to D* because the of new HD Locals. Do you think it will be a software/firmware fix, or will it be a hard module addition/replacement to our current boxes, or will be a add-on box in front of the current HD Tivo, or will it be a full replacement of equipement.

Since, there is no known replacment equipement for the HD Tivo, I do not see how they will handle their "premier" customers with HD Tivos. I want the HD Locals, but I do not want to loose my ability to record HD, including the new channels.

By the way, I am confident that D* will take care of it's customers.

Thanks.

So, Mr Luzzi, according to you the 3 HD receivers that I purchased 2 weeks ago will have limited functionality vis-a-vis HD in a short time and I should pay even more than the already high amount that I just invested to be able to view HD. Would you then suggest that I exercise my 30 day right of recission and return them now for a refund??? I mean, I don't want to be stuck with a Ford when an Audi is within my grasp. Then again, maybe you're just plain wrong. ;) :rolleyes: (Don't worry Robert (VE), it's not happenin' since I trust that you and D* will do the right thing by me) :)

Oh, BTW: GO Colts!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)