HD TVs

Butcha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Lennox, South Dakota
My 12 year old 35inch picture tube tv is starting to get a little tired. So we went shopping for a new LCD flat panal. When they are receiving an HD signal they are terrific. But when they hooked it up to Dish Network or Direct, the picture was worse then my 12 year old tv. What gives? I lost the desire for a new flat panal. I'm glad I made them hook it up to standard signal before buying. Anyone have any suggestion? I can't believe there isn't a way to get a better picture from standard digital signal or analog.:confused:
Butch

My 12 year old 35inch picture tube tv is starting to get a little tired. So we went shopping for a new LCD flat panal. When they are receiving an HD signal they are terrific. But when they hooked it up to Dish Network or Direct, the picture was worse then my 12 year old tv. What gives? I lost the desire for a new flat panal. I'm glad I made them hook it up to standard signal before buying. Anyone have any suggestion? I can't believe there isn't a way to get a better picture from standard digital signal or analog.:confused:
Butch

What brand LCD did you try out? Did you check the LCD reviews on www.cnet.com?

several things to consider. First, how was the satellite feed hooked to the TV? That makes a huge difference. If you were at a big box store, chances are it was a feed splint a dozen ways, probably a really crappy signal. Having said that, though... a nice TV will expose the flaws in an SD picture, and SD TV can be a bit disappointing. But, keep some perspective here. I'm now able to watch about 70% HD, and with proper adjustment, most of the remaining SD I watch is at least tolerable. Unfortunately, the store is really a lousy way to demo a TV, unless you go to a boutique TV retailer with properly set up floor models receiving the best possible signal for SD material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts