HD upgrade

Dean Griffin

Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Chesapeake,Va
I recently requested hd for life upgrade.When the tech came out he determined that I
did not have line-of-sight to the WA hd sat.Whoever he called told me they could set me up on the EA sat.but I would not be able to receive my local channels or they could leave me on my current configuration [ 119 & 110 } with SD local channels and limitedHD channels updating me to mpeg 4 receivers.I opted for the later.I also was told that when available,I would be totally converted to EA.The tech did check line-of-sight on the EA but not sure if it was 61.5,72.7 or 77.
Not totally satisfied with the conclusion of this,I contacted customer service on three
different ocassions and got three diffient answers.The last being the my local channels were available on the EA sat.
My questions to you are:Can I be converted to EA?...Will I be able to receive local channels?..SD or HD?..What am I missing now in HD vs EA?..Why am I getting the run around from Dish?Who can I contact at Dish other than a cs who is in the know?
My location is Chesapeake,Va. 23324

Sounds like you currently have 119,110. If so and they can only do EA 61.5,72.7,77 for HD, then have them wing 110 into the 4th port of 1000.4EA lnb.

With the zip code you provided, your (Norfolk/Portsmouth/Newport) HD locals come off both EA and WA. If you have NLOS to WA, getting EA would be the best thing to do.

The only downfall to being on EA: you wouldn't receive the 4 major network's (ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC) SD counterparts, meaning only the HD channels would be available for them.

If you want some more info about what would need to be done, send me a PM with a phone number/account number.

First,I would like to thank this website for giving me the opportunity of posting my problems and the helpful replies that I received.
Secondly,I would like to thank Matt 'Speedy' Gonzales' with The Dish Network for taking the initiative after readly my post and offering his assistance.Matt went straight to the source of the problem,offered a solution and followed through to make sure I was satisfied with the results.The Dish NetworK is very fortunate to have Matt as employee.This experience has solidified my relationship with The Dish Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)