Tuner per account

javigr said:
Is the same if none of the recevers are leased?

I think they would want to know why you want so many tuners. I mean I can understand it but its not that common I'm sure.

I think they would want to know why you want so many tuners. I mean I can understand it but its not that common I'm sure.

nah, i think they want more money from more accounts

4 or 5 could be average
living room, bedroom1, bedroom2, bedroom3, tvroom, kitchen, garage, basement
thats 8, i can see 4 or 5 of them by a normal family with kids

We have a max of 6 tuners leased (3 HD receivers max) before you are required to purchase them. Anymore than 6 tuners would have to be approved on a per account basis.

Actually Dish Rules are 6 receivers max per account... (12 tuners if all 6 are duals).. But you can only have 3 leased.. You have to buy the others..

I think TommyF trumps skyviewmark.... ;)

nah, i think they want more money from more accounts

4 or 5 could be average
living room, bedroom1, bedroom2, bedroom3, tvroom, kitchen, garage, basement
thats 8, i can see 4 or 5 of them by a normal family with kids

If the Weather Channel refers to their viewers that watch them for several hours per day "weather involved," would we then call such a family you describe as "TV involved?"

If the Weather Channel refers to their viewers that watch them for several hours per day "weather involved," would we then call such a family you describe as "TV involved?"

didnt say they watched them all alot, but ive been in homes that are set up like this.
me i have 2 and thats 1 too many :)

Dish has had a long standing limit of 6 receivers per account. But, many have reported being able to have more by going through the executive office. Of course with that many receivers they want them all connected to the phone so that they all report in that they are at the same location.

You know.. if they ever get the sling extender technology worked out.. this will become much less of an issue ... imagine the day, you have one box .. it connects to the antenna ... and you have 6 UHF remotes.. ie.. that "whole home DVR" like Directv has.. in this case, all connected either by wireless, or wired ethernet and the sling extender on every tv..

aim the UHF at your TV ... press the power button it comes on... this triggers the Sling Extender, it connects to papa bear in the basement, which ID's who's remote, which extender, and if remote 2 was last on tv3 ... and now is on tv5 .... it notes it and redirects the paused programming there to TV5 ... user on remote 2 is now pressing play. ... and so concludes our whole home system.

you need more independant tuners for channels you want to watch? go from a 6 tuner to an 8 tuner box... think of it.. many of us are already on 4 tuners now.. I've got two 722k's ... that's two tuners each ... total of 4 tuners.. and even now we added a 211k with EHD to catch a few of the shows we couldn't because our timers are maxed per 8, 9, and 10 oclock primetimes ... figure a chassis where you plug in a gig ether connection, and that goes to your home distribution network.. four wireless routers each supporting 2 to 4 wireless connections for sling extenders.. we already have the ability to "plug in" an OTA module.. so why couldn't dish build a real home unit.. 4 hard drives, raid 5 config, additional satellite signal modules just slide in...

You would think, but according to the dealer rules Skyviewmark is right as he usually is I might add. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence.. I am not always right.. But on this, I knew I was correct.. When it comes to Dish rules, as a retailer it pays to know what you are telling your customers.. I have had too many customer come to me after the folks at the Dish 800 number gave them a line of crap just to make the sale. Something I know these fine folks on the Internet Response Team would never do.. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence.. I am not always right.. But on this, I knew I was correct.. When it comes to Dish rules, as a retailer it pays to know what you are telling your customers.. I have had too many customer come to me after the folks at the Dish 800 number gave them a line of crap just to make the sale. Something I know these fine folks on the Internet Response Team would never do.. :)

We're retailers too, that's why I can relate to your posts. :)

Ya, if I did not work for DISH Network, I would of wanted to set up my account with a Retailer, all service done by one company, a local company. Just, from the phone calls I have taken, got me to think about that, from customers using a 3rd party to buy DISH, or using a retailer. Plus, I like when a knowledgeable retailer calls in, I know it would be a fast call with out troubles. Go retailers!!!

You know.. if they ever get the sling extender technology worked out.. this will become much less of an issue ... imagine the day, you have one box .. it connects to the antenna ... and you have 6 UHF remotes.. ie.. that "whole home DVR" like Directv has.. in this case, all connected either by wireless, or wired ethernet and the sling extender on every tv..

aim the UHF at your TV ... press the power button it comes on... this triggers the Sling Extender, it connects to papa bear in the basement, which ID's who's remote, which extender, and if remote 2 was last on tv3 ... and now is on tv5 .... it notes it and redirects the paused programming there to TV5 ... user on remote 2 is now pressing play. ... and so concludes our whole home system.

you need more independant tuners for channels you want to watch? go from a 6 tuner to an 8 tuner box... think of it.. many of us are already on 4 tuners now.. I've got two 722k's ... that's two tuners each ... total of 4 tuners.. and even now we added a 211k with EHD to catch a few of the shows we couldn't because our timers are maxed per 8, 9, and 10 oclock primetimes ... figure a chassis where you plug in a gig ether connection, and that goes to your home distribution network.. four wireless routers each supporting 2 to 4 wireless connections for sling extenders.. we already have the ability to "plug in" an OTA module.. so why couldn't dish build a real home unit.. 4 hard drives, raid 5 config, additional satellite signal modules just slide in...

My wallet hurts.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)