HD? What happened?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mybetsmyshrts

Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
wi
New person has question. What happened to the HD quality on DTV, it looks terrible. I don't watch allot of TV so I'm not sure when this happened, but we noticed it either Fri or Sat and were wondering what happened. The picture on our local and some other HD channels we get is very small and letter boxed. Last week we watched Crusoe on our locals and the signal was fullscreen (not letterboxed) and sharp and vibrant. This week it looks SD, not even close to HD quality...what happened? I'm not going to continue to pay for HD if this is what our locals and some other channels will look like from now on!

Sounds like a problem on your locals end, not D*s. Nothing like that here.

You sure someone didnt hit the the "zoom" or Pic Size button on your TV remote?

I'm not sure what's going on with my local channels either but, I noticed even some of SciFi's programs were affected, with the same letterbox format going on? I would not have gave this much thought either, thinking the locals are somehow cheapin' out with the digital switch and shaving bandwith ,but after seeing some SciFi programs I've seen many times before afffected the same way made me wonder. My locals seem to be back to normal this morning, as does SciFi, but the pictures still look a little fuzzy.

On the front panel of my H21 receiver there are blue indicator lights showing the current resolution. Might be a clue if the broadcast is really HD.

On the front panel of my H21 receiver there are blue indicator lights showing the current resolution. Might be a clue if the broadcast is really HD.
That just shows what res your box is putting the signal out as. Unless it is in native

Do you have any little ones grabbing at the remote when you're gone? You need to cycle through your setup screens & see what might have been changed. All the national HD's have been fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)