HD10-250 remote -- any UHF capability?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcarr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
I just figured out the HD10-250 is shipped with a IR remote. This is a major snag to my setup. Dues anybody know if you can buy an UHF remote or are we just out of luck? I was all but ready to can E* and buy the HR10-250. Any suggestions?

HD-TiVos don't have a mechanism for receiving UHF signals from a remote but you can get a remote that uses an RF basestation. I use a Home Theater Master MX-800 with my HD TiVos and it works fine.

I, too, switched to D* (just for the HD TiVo). I agree that something like the Home Theater Master MX-800 is a great solution, if you have a larger integration requirement as well. In my case, I added the HD TiVo to a setup which is integrated using a Crestron system.

Until I can get to reprogramming the Crestron, I'm using a very effective (and cost effective) approach using the TiVo remote itself. I bought a $50 RF extender (actually I bought 2 - expecting to use them with another TiVo as well, but ended up only needing one). The transmitter fits inside the battery compartment of the HR10-250 remote. It sends RF to a receiver with an IR emitter placed in front of the HD TiVo.

This setup works great, and lets me explore the full remote control capabilities of the TiVo before programming the automation system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts