HDD-200 GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dumbjim

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
st. louis mo.
Is there any way to ad GUI to my HDD 200 decoder? It's from circa 2001 and all standard def is in 4:3 aspect. Is it possable to install the software or flash a eeprom ?
Cheers,

Sure, if you'll have source code, schematics ( you'll need more RAM, separate video processor for OSD/GUI ), IDE for create new FW image, etc.

Just watch the SD using your 4dtv composite or s-video output and stretch the pic using your tv. The hdd-200 has terrible picture quality unless you are actually viewing HD. Mine can't even "center" a SD picture properly let alone up-convert it decent.

Just watch the SD using your 4dtv composite or s-video output and stretch the pic using your tv. The hdd-200 has terrible picture quality unless you are actually viewing HD. Mine can't even "center" a SD picture properly let alone up-convert it decent.

can you post some pics of the sd channels through the hd-200? then a hd channel

thanks

can you post some pics of the sd channels through the hd-200? then a hd channel

thanks

Here you go. See if you can tell which is which? :D

Attachments

• 101_1464 (Large).JPG
    101_1464 (Large).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 101_1463 (Large).JPG
    101_1463 (Large).JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 101_1460 (Large).JPG
    101_1460 (Large).JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 160
thats not that bad, i was expecting worse.

what kind of flatscreen would do sd well?

The first pic is just the composite video from the 4DTV. The second pic is the HDD-200 doing SD.(notice the screen is moved over to the left).

As far as which flat screen will do well? I don't really know. Just buy what you can afford. And what looks good to you. But if possible stay away from the off-brands.

Stay away from cheapies, get a name brand 1080p. If you can swing it get close to the top of the line. My AQUOS is one below the best in it's class size. Works beautiful with SD scaling & up conversion. Does a great job on HD. Good Luck.

im not so sure rca is an off brand

they have a 1080p 40" HDTV at walmart for 600 bux

but im gonna wait till black friday

if i can snag a sony, toshiba or samsung 32" or 37" 1080p set for $600 il get it

if not il get an insginia at bestbuy, acording to the web, its just a rebranded sharp panel made with lg parts

Last edited:

if i can snag a sony, toshiba or samsung 32" or 37" 1080p set for $600 il get it

if not il get an insginia at bestbuy, acording to the web, its just a rebranded sharp panel made with lg parts

I had a insignia 32 inch LCD. It is now in the garbage after working for just 2 years.:eek:

RCA is Thompson consumer electronics. They are at the cheap end of the scale.

RCA and quite a lot of brand names that were big in the past have been bought out by foreign company's and sell junk.

Remember this Fizz if you go a HDTV the NPS channels will look worse then your seeing now.

surface mount diodes and caps aint to shabby but not surface mount chips

those dont usualy go bad, most of the time its a capaictor or resistor

hey tvropro check ur pm

Yes chips do go bad. You need some high tech gear to change SMD chips. A special desolder station, iron and a microscope.

capacitors, ic's, resistors are about 15 cents a pop. Now if it was the back light or the panel, you get cashy

Well,
It quit turning on. And then on the 50th try it would turn on, only to display a bunch of lines in the picture. I didn't know what was wrong with it. So in the dumpster it went. And my trusty samsung 26 inch CRT HDTV went back in it's place.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts