HdDvr Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cincyray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
Reading Pa
Hello all i have a newbie install question. Im going to order the Hddvr i was at the dtv site and yes price drop is $99.00. I understand i would have to run 2 lines from the switch the the dvr am i right. If i let Direct install it it will cost me another 99 thats not going to happen to just run a cable. My question is were did the installer put the switch. I was with dish and i saw were the db44 switch was in the basement it was huge. I am basically a new customer i had d installed on 12/15. I currently have the hd reciever mpeg4 witch i will move to the other hdtv.

How many TV's do you currently have hooked up to DTV and what kind of rec'vr's? There may not be a switch presently.

He (the installer) will need to run the 2nd line either from the Dish itself, or the switch if there is one. No extra cost to run that 2nd line UNLESS... you want it fished up/down a wall. Standard install is through an outside wall or through the floor from an unfinished basement/crawlspace, not fished up or down an interior wall.

What part of Cincy are you in?

i have a 4 room hookup 1 hd mpeg 4 reciever and 3 standard Recievers. The cable run would be through the exteiror wall through a unfinished basement and through the floor.

Bluegrass i am from cincy the colerain area but have been living in Reading Pa outside of Philly. I keep telling my wife i want to move back because i miss the chili ans Larosas pizza more than my family that is still there lol. What part of Ky ya from northern

Bluegrass i am from cincy the colerain area but have been living in Reading Pa outside of Philly. I keep telling my wife i want to move back because i miss the chili ans Larosas pizza more than my family that is still there lol. What part of Ky ya from northern

What a small world I live in Shillington.

The second line will not cost you anything, since it is not wallfished.

Cool ^^ Lived in Northern KY for awhile, Covington/Newport, now outside Lawrenceburg.

Do all four lines from the dish come to a central point in the basement before they distribute to the other recievers? Whereever they meet before they go there own way is the best place for the switch to go. Sounds like it would be easy for you to run that 2nd line but you would still need the 6x8 since all 4 lines are in use currently.

I was gonna offer to come help until I saw you had moved, lol. Speaking of pizza I will be enjoying Adriaticos for my birthday this weekend. I am in Liberty Township by way of Clifton/Corryville and Mt. Healthy but it's worth the drive every now and again :hungry:

Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)