HDMI flaked out?

agrahmann

Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Cambridge, mn
Bought a new vizio LCD the other day and plugged it into my trusty 722 via hdmi and everything worked great. Just today I decided to swap out for a longer hdmi cord, and now my tv says "retrieving data..." then changes to "no signal." We've been able to get it to show some red static, but other than that, even with several resets and switching back to the old cable, nothing works.

Anyone have any insight on what steps to take next?

I would test something else with hdmi output just to be sure,that said hdmi ports on 622 and some 722 aren't very good.Had 2 622's go bad and now a 722 same way,have to use component now.

If you don't have another HDTV to test the receiver on you can try connecting a Blu-ray player to the TV using the same cabling. If you still are unable to get a picture on the TV then it may be a TV issue. If you test the receiver on another TV and you still have a screen that says no signal, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to help. Thanks!

if you have an open hdmi input and haven't tried that, move the cable.

if you get the same behavior you've eliminated the set.

it's likely the cable, but it won't hurt to validate.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I missed that you went back to the old cable and it still doesn't work when I answered. Some TV's are very sensitive to getting data with any loss whatsover giving no picture. My thought was the length of the cable was too long.
That could be bad news, that makes it sound like either the input on the TV or on the Receiver is damaged/broken.......

Have you tried component cables (YP[SUB]B[/SUB]P[SUB]R[/SUB]) along with red and white video cables in order to watch TV in HD for now? I would try connecting something else like a Blu-ray player or a video game console via HDMI to see if the HDMI port still works on the TV. If you have more than one HDMI port, you could try switching the HDMI cable to another port. I am not sure if that would help, but it could not hurt to try. I hope that this helps and that you are able to find out what the issue is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts