HDMI help (Non Dish Related)

dnero

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
Springfield VT
This one has me stumped. Have a 722 an Onkyo SR606 receiver and had been using a Sony BDP-550 blue ray player. Decided to move the DVD player to the bedroom and bought a Sony BDP-570 that had Netflix Slacker radio and other music and VOD services. Hooked it up and finally got it it to see my Netgear N300 router. My Onkyo receiver does not like this new player, after it has been turned off for a while when powered back up the receiver displays no signal but the old player works fine. Tried a different hdmi cable same thing tried component same thing swapped the 722 onto the dvd input and dvd onto the sat input problem followed the dvd player, assumed it was a bad dvd player and exchanged it same problem dont think I could get 2 bad players bought another new hdmi cable tonight same problem if I leave it on and the receiver on for a while it will finally see it then it is okay for a while. It also seems to drop internet tells me it has 94-98% wifi signal but drops the connection then if you try to get it to connect it will also drop the wifi signal even though the 722 sitting right next to has no problem with the Netgear USB adapters I got from Dish.
Wanted to just leave it on all the time but it auto powers down with no activity and there is no menu setting to change it.
My only option at this point is to connect direct to the TV(Sony 40XBR6) it works hooked direct to the TV and run optical to the receiver pain to do it this way have to switch both the tv and receiver to watch DVD.
Any suggestions appreciated.

The BDPS570 supports the new 1.4 HDMI which provides for among other things bi-directional signal. Not sure if that is the issue, but you might check with someone wiser than I to find out.:D To setup, if you scan instead of using manual mode, your network will show first and set up is very intuitive after that.

Tried scanning and manual set up results about the same with both, starting to think the Onkyo receiver is just old enough it does not fully support the 1.4 HDMI that thought was on the back of my mind.
Thanks for your input.

toto
Looks like that is the problem looked the specs up on the SR606 and it is only HDMI 1.3 capable have to find a work around until the budget allows a new receiver.

At least I dont feel so all alone with this problem and I am sure there are others with the same problem will upgrade one of these days.

1.4 is backwards compatible with 1.3 that should not be the issue. I have installed about 6 S570s so far 5 of them on 1.3 spec receivers and have not encountered this issue. It sound to me something in the way the Onkyo handles HDCP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)