HDMI Input card for PC?

Agonizing Fury

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2008
Well, I just finished building my HTPC and it's great for watching Blu-ray and other erm..."downloaded items" but what I'm really interested in doing is integrating a dish network VIP211 into the mix (don't have it yet, until I find a good solution). So what I'm wondering is are there any HDMI input cards (PCI, or PCI-E) for a PC? HDCP support would be nice for whenever dish decides to bow down to the Hollywood gods as they have with DVR and Pay-Per-View. All the other equipment in my HTPC is HDCP Certified (Windows Vista, Radeon HD3870, HDCP Monitor, and 42" Samsung LCD Flat Panel w/HDMI) so it should be able to maintain an encrypted path all the way through. Does anyone know if these exist, or will in the future? Microsoft was talking all about the secure paths for video with the release of Vista, so I would have thought this would be the next logical step? Thanks in advance for any useful replies.

EDIT: Found this http://blackmagic-design.com/products/hd/ in another Topic, FYI I'm looking for something quite a bit below the $1000.00 range.

Last edited:
Well, I just finished building my HTPC and it's great for watching Blu-ray and other erm..."downloaded items" but what I'm really interested in doing is integrating a dish network VIP211 into the mix (don't have it yet, until I find a good solution). So what I'm wondering is are there any HDMI input cards (PCI, or PCI-E) for a PC? HDCP support would be nice for whenever dish decides to bow down to the Hollywood gods as they have with DVR and Pay-Per-View. All the other equipment in my HTPC is HDCP Certified (Windows Vista, Radeon HD3870, HDCP Monitor, and 42" Samsung LCD Flat Panel w/HDMI) so it should be able to maintain an encrypted path all the way through. Does anyone know if these exist, or will in the future? Microsoft was talking all about the secure paths for video with the release of Vista, so I would have thought this would be the next logical step? Thanks in advance for any useful replies.

EDIT: Found this Blackmagic Design: DeckLink HD in another Topic, FYI I'm looking for something quite a bit below the $1000.00 range.

From the same company.... $249

Blackmagic Design: Intensity

However, doesn't support HDCP, as far as I can tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)