HDMI Problems: Any Easy Fixes to Try?

mark069

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Like a lot of you I am having problems with HDMI on my 622 (running L4.45). I added an HDMI cable from my 622 to my receive about 10 days ago and it's worked flawlessly until tonight. Tonight no video and no audio. So I hooked up the component outputs again and I am able to view fine with component video and an analog audio feed for now.

I have a boatload of movies on my DVR I want to watch before calling DISH for a replacement but I was wondering if there are any quick fixes or things I can try to get HDMI video back. I am guessing the connector did NOT break since after the initial connection I haven't touched that cable. Should I maybe pull disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable to the port? I haven't done this yet since I heard the fitting tends to break so I don't want to make things worse.

I tried a reboot once and it didn't help. Any ideas??

Mine stopped working when the cable was bumped installing a new AVR, I can get it to work if I push it to the left and up a bit, not worth the effort of maintaining that angle. HDMI is nice if you only run 1 cable, like I do in the bedroom with the 722, but I have a lot of short runs from the box to my Yamaha anyway, and the Yamaha upconverts the component, not the HDMI.