HDMI Problems: Any Easy Fixes to Try?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mark069

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Like a lot of you I am having problems with HDMI on my 622 (running L4.45). I added an HDMI cable from my 622 to my receive about 10 days ago and it's worked flawlessly until tonight. Tonight no video and no audio. So I hooked up the component outputs again and I am able to view fine with component video and an analog audio feed for now.

I have a boatload of movies on my DVR I want to watch before calling DISH for a replacement but I was wondering if there are any quick fixes or things I can try to get HDMI video back. I am guessing the connector did NOT break since after the initial connection I haven't touched that cable. Should I maybe pull disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable to the port? I haven't done this yet since I heard the fitting tends to break so I don't want to make things worse.

I tried a reboot once and it didn't help. Any ideas??

Mine stopped working when the cable was bumped installing a new AVR, I can get it to work if I push it to the left and up a bit, not worth the effort of maintaining that angle. HDMI is nice if you only run 1 cable, like I do in the bedroom with the 722, but I have a lot of short runs from the box to my Yamaha anyway, and the Yamaha upconverts the component, not the HDMI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)