HDMI switcher

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
does anyone have any experience with them? are there any cheap but good ones? just trying to hook up my 211 and PS3 to something so I don't have to keep changing plugs.

I use the one that I got from BestBuy.com. It is called a Psyclone hdmi selector. It allows you to do 4 hdmi and toslink audio cables to one hdmi input on your tv or your a/v receiver. I had one input for DISH , one for DIRECTV , and one for Blu-ray dvd player. I haven't found a use for the 4th one yet. Try a search on Bestbuy.com . IF you don't need the audio portion you might find one cheaper than this one. But this one works great and comes with a small remote powered by a watch battery.

does anyone have any experience with them? are there any cheap but good ones? just trying to hook up my 211 and PS3 to something so I don't have to keep changing plugs.

I have two of these units by Aluratek-
Amazon.com: 4-PORT HDMI VIDEO SWITCH WITH REMOTE CONTROL: Electronics

I give them four out of five stars. One thing I could possibly say negative about it if I had to is it has a somewhat stupid looking remote control with redundant buttons. It has the buttons 1 2 3 4 for each of its four HDMI ports, as if a switcher that cycles between them isn't enough. It also has a switcher that cycles between them too, hence the redundency. But that could also be seen as a positive thing to some. I have had no problems with this device functioning, having had to reboot it, or anything annoying. Both units work just great. I guess you could say that another negative is that it has a bright red LED on the front, indicating it is powered on (as if the green LED indicating the port selected isn't enough to let you know it is powered on). But I am stretching to look for negatives.

I saw it in Wired magazine or something where it said the suggested retail was $100. I thought that was high for a HDMI switch, but thought I would take a look at it on Amazon. When I saw the reviews and the low price, I ordered two (one for each of the main TVs).

I am very happy with them. You will be too.

No, it does not come with any HDMI cables, but Big Lots actually has some good cables for like $13. Or order online. Don't buy Monster. You don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts