HDMI to Component switch

Ace68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Snow Belt, OH
Hi all! I am having issues finding an HDMI switch that will take 3 or 4 HDMI and convert to Component Output (That is what my TV has, no HDMI) Is there such a converter?

I am trying to connect an XBOX 360, DVD and a DirecTV HD-DVR to my TV that has only 1 set of Component inputs (Coaxial or Digital Optical Audio)

Thanks

Try on Amazon, think I've seen 3 HDMI to composite there. Or maybe you could use a RF modulator/switch like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008X5DD/?tag=satell01-20

if your devices have component outputs on them. Or maybe use single HDMI adapters to the inputs of the modulator, but one thing to keep in mind with the 360 would be if there would be any lag through the converters and or modulator when playing games.

You are running into the issue with HDCP that caused BluRay players to remove their component outputs. Yes, Amazon and others do sell some Chinese imports, but read the reviews carefully. The HDCP handshake requires that certain signals be blocked or downconverted to 480i.

The content providers are terrified that high quality copies would hurt their business, so they insisted on these draconian rules. Of course, the pirates quickly found ways around them, leaving the legitimate consumer holding the bag, as usual.

Do you guys know if the newest XBOX 360 (not XBOX One) uses HDCP? I really only need the HDMI to component for the XBOX 360, for my other equipment I can use their component outputs to a 4-1 component switch (just can't get the HDMI on the XBOX 360 converted to Component to add to that switch)

Thanks for the replies!

I had to deal with "Analog Sunset" on my Blu-Ray player last year and buy the previous years model to avoid the same problem I am having with this XBOX, except there are no last years models of the XBOX around anymore)

I have a Panny Pro Series 7 Plasma that has expansion card slots for the HDMI cards, but are all out of stock and discontinued! Extremely frustrated.

That's pretty much it. The XBOX 360 did adopt HDCP as a production change during its run. I suppose you could find an early one and instead deal with the red ring of death. :(

BTW, all that was found with a simple web search. Our XBOX 360 is connected through HDMI.

That's pretty much it. The XBOX 360 did adopt HDCP as a production change during its run. I suppose you could find an early one and instead deal with the red ring of death. :(

BTW, all that was found with a simple web search. Our XBOX 360 is connected through HDMI.

So MS completely did away with the composite/HD cable with the latest 360, HDMI only with HDCP? That stinks, his only options probably would be a new TV or older 360 then?

Last edited:
The entertainment industry is working hard to close up the "analog hole". They are making component inputs useless as quickly as they can.

You will probably have to get an HDMI to component converter and a separate HDMI switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts