HDNet and G4 - please read if you have FiosTV

scot

Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
As I am sure you are aware you do NOT have HDNet (only hdnet movies) and that some of you may or may not have G4.

817 is dedicated to hdnet, but for some reason it has not been turned on.It is listed on the printed channel guides and tech support does not know why it is not available, yet hdnet movies is live. Customer care and the sales office do not seem to be aware of this issue, and it probably will not be fixed until we call enough to have it rectified.

You have two options on where to call, 24hrs a day you may call the tech support line (go to a channel to which you have no subscription and get subscription info, the number will display) or you can call sales. They can be found at 1800-688-2880, but it isn't a 24hr operation. Personally, I suggest calling both locations, though only tech support can file a ticket. Sales will have more information about the channel and possibly be able to fire an email or two off to key people.

320 is G4, the very much lesser replacement for TechTV and it only works for some people. If you are one of those lucky people, you are a subscriber to the sports package.

Yes, I said sports package for g4. No, it doesn't make any sense and the customer service agent agreed. They are filing a ticket to see why it has been misplaced, but I am only one person. 100 or more subscribers calling will get someone to take notice. One ticket will NOT solve this issue.

Please call the customer care line to have this fixed. Calling the sales office will probably not help on this one due to how its setup. Of course if you are calling sales anyway for hdnet, mentioning it wouldn't hurt.

scot said:
As I am sure you are aware you do NOT have HDNet (only hdnet movies) and that some of you may or may not have G4.

817 is dedicated to hdnet, but for some reason it has not been turned on.It is listed on the printed channel guides and tech support does not know why it is not available, yet hdnet movies is live. Customer care and the sales office do not seem to be aware of this issue, and it probably will not be fixed until we call enough to have it rectified.

You have two options on where to call, 24hrs a day you may call the tech support line (go to a channel to which you have no subscription and get subscription info, the number will display) or you can call sales. They can be found at 1800-688-2880, but it isn't a 24hr operation. Personally, I suggest calling both locations, though only tech support can file a ticket. Sales will have more information about the channel and possibly be able to fire an email or two off to key people.

320 is G4, the very much lesser replacement for TechTV and it only works for some people. If you are one of those lucky people, you are a subscriber to the sports package.

Yes, I said sports package for g4. No, it doesn't make any sense and the customer service agent agreed. They are filing a ticket to see why it has been misplaced, but I am only one person. 100 or more subscribers calling will get someone to take notice. One ticket will NOT solve this issue.

Please call the customer care line to have this fixed. Calling the sales office will probably not help on this one due to how its setup. Of course if you are calling sales anyway for hdnet, mentioning it wouldn't hurt.

I read somewhere else that Verizon has to block HDNet due to conflicts with local sports (e.g., hockey) and the fact that Verizon does not yet have the ability to blackout local sports. So, they've just decided not to use the channel until that capability is available. Not sure if it's true but that's what I've heard.

If you also take the time to look up the channel choices before subscribing, you will notice that G4 is listed with the Sports package and only that package. I agree that it does not belong there, but they have a legitimate out as to why not everyone has it.

i noticed the same last week and was puzzled. really did not matter to me becuase i am getting the sports pack any way and have not watched g4 since the screen savers went bye bye.

Its amazing to me how hard techtv made it to keep people watching. They had a number of quirky shows with a very very solid following. I can't imagine the overall numbers for G4 are significantly better, but who knows. What I do know is that it is not sports programming.

As for HDNet, sorry I went searching but somehow missed it in the faq. Still, if we all complain loudly we can get the fix moved up the priority list. I want my hdnet again and right now it has no clear release date.

Scot

I would assume us in the Dallas area have HDnet because Mark Cuban is here and no need for blackouts as stated above.

As for G4, if I remember correctly from Leo Lepage's site, G4 originated in Canada as a game only channel. They had promised TechTV folks they would not dump their shows (which they did). Leo saw it coming and had the forsight and pulled out early knowing that they really just wanted the American audience as well so they bought the channel, dumped the vast majority of the shows/people and turned it into what it is now.

This again, is based on my memory and may be somewhat incorrect--- anywho, yes, they need to move it out of the sports package. I guess I can't complain to much considering all the channels you get with the basic package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts