Status
Please reply by conversation.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
I just extracted last nights greg the bunny episode and nero showtime reports 1934 x 1088i with 6 channel audio 384 kbps

Anyone else???

Well, if you have your HD receiver connected to your computer the hd receiver up converts directv's 1280x1080i to 1920x1080i and outputs it that way. Thats probably why it said that.

directvfreak said:
Well, if you have your HD receiver connected to your computer the hd receiver up converts directv's 1280x1080i to 1920x1080i and outputs it that way. Thats probably why it said that.

No. I extract the Transport stream from the HDtivo's hard drive - no upconversion. At a minimum D* has changed the file header.

vurbano said:
I just extracted last nights greg the bunny episode and nero showtime reports 1934 x 1088i with 6 channel audio 384 kbps
Greg the Bunny, huh? :eek:

I bet when you saw those numbers you just about wet the bed in disbelief. :haha
How ironic is it that you were the first to post this. :hatsoff:

Could it be?
Might it be?
Is it so?

Maybe the hundreds of predictions about DirecTV having more flexibility with bandwidth once Spaceway 2 was in place is starting to rear its (non) ugly head - oh my goodness - now what will people have to whine about. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they'll be something - there always is. :devil:

Satmeister said:
Greg the Bunny, huh? :eek:

I bet when you saw those numbers you just about wet the bed in disbelief. :haha
How ironic is it that you were the first to post this. :hatsoff:

Could it be?
Might it be?
Is it so?

Maybe the hundreds of predictions about DirecTV having more flexibility with bandwidth once Spaceway 2 was in place is starting to rear its (non) ugly head - oh my goodness - now what will people have to whine about. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they'll be something - there always is. :devil:

Its a HOAX. My Avel linkiplayer2 reports the same old crappy 1280x1080i. D* has just changed the file header!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a low life outfit!

vurbano said:
Its a HOAX. My Avel linkiplayer2 reports the same old crappy 1280x1080i. D* has just changed the file header!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a low life outfit!
Maybe in advance of reality soon - after all, that's the same drill they run with new channels. :cool:

After checking with Moonlight player and VideoRedoPLus they both report 1280x1080i. Sorry for the false alarm. It was spawned by some numbskull at AVS claiming D* was sending out HDnet at 1920x1080i. And in my excitement I made the mistake of checking the video with Nero Showtime. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts