HDTV Coverage of SuperBowl on VOOM or not?

delgadil

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
OK, so what's the scoop? I contacted a VOOM CSR and asked if I would get HDTV coverage of today's Super Bowl. He said Yes on NFLNet. I looked it up and NFLNet appears to have some "RedZone" show at that time.

So, can anyone confirm whether or VOOM subscribers will indeed receive HD coverage of the Super Bowl? If so which channel? If not, what is VOOM thinking?

Thanks,
Kevin

Don't put your hopes on this. CBS paid big money to have exclusive coverage of the Super Bowl. So the answer is NO.

Sean Mota said:
Don't put your hopes on this. CBS paid big money to have exclusive coverage of the Super Bowl. So the answer is NO.

Wow, VOOM misses the mark yet again. Lame programming, same things over and over again, and no SuperBowl. Time to send this system back for a refund. VOOM is a huge disappointment for me overall. Lots of HD programming I don't really care to see and not a whole that interests me. And no SuperBowl.

That blows.

Kevin

Kevin, I dont really understand your response to the question.

Voom, nor any other provider, can give you the Superbowl as CBS has an exclusive right to it.

I knew that 4 months ago (and sort of for the past 10 years), if Voom doesnt carry network CBS, then no superbowl coverage.

This has been one of the reasons I have not cancelled my Dish subscription.

Regards

Gregg

Also Kevin, if your off air antenna is working, you ARE getting the superbowl on Voom. Like Gregg. I don't know what you're whining about, whatever network pays the most is gonna get the superbowl, and this agreement was in place months ago. Same with the olympics, it all goes to the highest bidder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts