hdtv help

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
Question? Can anybody shed some light on a 42 inch widscreen akai hdtv monitor the model number is pt4299hd. Thinking about buying it for 900.00 dollars. Is it a good tv?

I'm not crazy about the akai brand, but it may be a good tv, I'll hope for others to chime in. Could you find the model on a website and link it? I can't seem to find it on akai. For the $900 price it deffiently sounds like and EDTV and NOT HD.

Another TV you might want to consider are the dell models. The 43" HD Plasma look pretty good and is packed with features for the incredible $3449 price tag. I don't think to many people have had problems with them

Alright it looks HD and the folks that bought it at circuit city seem to like it.

But my 42 inch tv was $3000 and this one is only $1000. But then again mine is DLP and this is just CRT rp. But it may not be that bad, the price just seems to low to me...

The main con in the Akai brand is NO DVI/HDMI and you only get 1 component input.

If it doesn't have DVI/HDMI with HDCP then DO NOT buy it. Its a complete waste of money, that is why the price is so low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts