HDTV Menu>Native

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
I have the native setting set to OFF.

Is there any advantage to setting in ON?

Try it and see if you like the picture quality more or less then with it off. What it does it have the receiver pass to your TV the same resolution that a channel is broadcast in, so it's not involved in any up/down conversion. So try it and see which does that job better, the receiver or TV. One down side that I've seen is that channel changing will slow down since the box and TV will need to resync when the resolution changes where when it's off the resolution doesn't change.

In my experience no. It passes through the feed at the native rez, but it slows down the channel change time considerably.

I would just pick the setting that looks best to you (720p/1080i) and leave it at that

In my experience no. It passes through the feed at the native rez, but it slows down the channel change time considerably.

I would just pick the setting that looks best to you (720p/1080i) and leave it at that
:up:up

The picture is noticeably better on native for me. Channel change time is not an issue if your not a surfer. For me the conversion is better suited to be done by my TV rather than the D* box. I'm pretty sure the chips in my TV are better than the one sin the D* box. Your results may differ.

The picture is noticeably better on native for me. Channel change time is not an issue if your not a surfer. For me the conversion is better suited to be done by my TV rather than the D* box. I'm pretty sure the chips in my TV are better than the one sin the D* box.

:up +1 that's why many people have DVR's - so we DON'T have to surf ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts