HDTV or HD projector? both $350!

fp? you mean front projection?

i dont know how good of item it would be, but since im buying it straight from the facotry, im sure its alot cheaper.

Last edited:
I know it's very tempting at that price, but DON'T BUY IT. I suggest you save a couple hundred more dollars, and buy a real 720p HD projector. Yes, there are new 720p projectors for about $600. If you don't want to spend more than $350, buy the TV. I love my projector, but that's a piece of junk.

I know it's very tempting at that price, but DON'T BUY IT. I suggest you save a couple hundred more dollars, and buy a real 720p HD projector. Yes, there are new 720p projectors for about $600. If you don't want to spend more than $350, buy the TV. I love my projector, but that's a piece of junk.

I have to agree.

I would get neither honestly. If money were the issue, I would save a little longer and get a quality set.

You can spend a few more bucks and get the 720p vizio from wal mart as well.
Another hundered and get the 1080p version.

I dont have a vizio, but from what I have seen they are decent sets for the price.

Never heard of Viore, which generally means stay away. It may do HD decently enough, but I would imagine it would blow on SD. Of course, again I have never seen one, so it may be ok.

I would really stay away from that particular FP.

Keep looking, there are decent deals on good equipment.

Any more questions, just ask

also i was wondering if that would handle SD better then a regualr tv.
Generally speaking, SD will look worse on most HD sets than the old regular tvs.

Some do a better job with this material than others, but it generally costs you.

I would have to be the second one to agree with you.

Also if you look at the specs it is not a HD projector. It only does 1024X768 which is not HD.

ok i see good brand, like 3m and sharp. hd projectors selling on ebay for around $250-$300.

The reason i wanted to shy away from them is, when those bulbs burn out, there about $250.

Those budget $350 projectors take a $30 halogen bulb.

So would a good brand projector like 3m or sharp outlast the budget one?

its on the ebay link i posted, it takes a standard halogen lightbulb instead of a $200+ qaurtz lamp

Can you post a link to one of the replacement bulbs. I have never heard of a projector only taking a $30 halogen bulb.
Another reason I would stay clear of it. If it sounds too good to be true (to be fair most of that link doesnt based on specs), it usually is

ok i see good brand, like 3m and sharp. hd projectors selling on ebay for around $250-$300.

The reason i wanted to shy away from them is, when those bulbs burn out, there about $250.

Those budget $350 projectors take a $30 halogen bulb.

So would a good brand projector like 3m or sharp outlast the budget one?

I would imagine you give up some brightness and contrast with that. Just a guess

Keep in mind that if you go with a front projector you will also need to invest in a good screen (which is not cheap), installation, perhaps longer cables. You will also need the total darkness in the viewing room. So, if your budget is under $500 or so, FP is probably not such a good idea.