HDTV owners desperate??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am not sure if it was ever posted here, but it was over at TCF and dbstalk.

Amost 4 months old now.

The angle they are taking, is that some customers may be intrested in obtaining, HD versions of movies that are still out in the theaters.

Personally... at $30, I would probably get one every once and a while...
Why? I just spent $45 to take my son, and my wife to go see CARS a weekend ago. ($30 just for the tickets)

So spending $30 to watch them on my couch, on my system, and have any snack or "drink" that I want during the show.

Great post and point Ebonovic! Just like any other "special" event package; similar to NFL.

Any other words Peter Chernin is saying their indicators are that most HD viewers want NEW and COMPELLING HD not just the same old rehash over and over again or of 5-7+ year old movies; to the point they COULD charge that much.

However, Phillip Swann the columnist, is noting some letter to him are saying we will take anything. I do wonder who really get more direct feedback from customers; the providers or a columnist?

It should be well noted to get those movies within 60 day of theatrical release date will cost any provider top dollar; don't kid yourself of that fact. The titanium pack has no real basis in this discussion as it is just a "convenience package" that is all-inclusive for people that want to pay for the convenience of having everything without having to worry about account /package maintenance.

These reviews see only $$ signs, but fail to really look at what all drives that cost.

Last edited:
I still think it's a bit high, but I could see doing it once in a while...
I hope they don't expect to survive off of MY money.
I have yet to order a PPV and go to the movies about 2-3 times a year.

Jimbo

I am with you, I might go with $15 and order 1 -2 per month, but $25 and up maybe 1 per month or every other month; but it is a great idea and a better use for limited HD space right now ; too me. At $8 x 5 people, I too pick theater trips based on what the movie deserves; X-men and T3, Pirates of the Caribbean = theater; Cars, The Lake House, Nacho Libre = DVD rental. I also hardly ever, if at all, do PPV and unless the kids have a gathering and there is a decent kids ADT on.

I would rather have this than 10 yo CinemaxHD movies. I would like the see StarzHd now though and iNHD (even though I know why this is an option right now), the rest is just OK at best. Heck there are far more channels out there I don't think have an HD feed yet that I would prefer over most of the HD crap offered now and I am glad DirecTV hasn't just added to be adding. Once space is plentyfull, bring it all on ASAP, but best to be selective now.

Last edited:
I stopped going to the movies all together, as much because of the poor quality of the picture and sound (looks and sounds better here at the house) as the people being so damn rude in the theater talking and yelling and crap. I just wait till the movie comes out on DVD and buy it. And that is happening faster and faster all the time. Cant wait till HD-DVD gets it all together and smashes blu-ray so I can start my HD movie collection.

The title should be changed to "D*'s HDLite viewers are desperate for HD."

Wow! D* would finally get a HD channel on their lineup! That's great!

Not a chance in hell I would pay over $10 to watch a "recently released in theatre" movie in HD. I would be willing to pay $9.99 to see a movie recently released... but thats about as high as I would go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)