HDTV Question.

METFAN757

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Virginia
I am considering buying an 811 and was wondering if I would need anything extra to receive my OTA HDTV programming? I have the 37 element outdoor antenna from Radio Shack and it states it's HDTV ready. I also have an HD ready TV.
I have read that the 811 will have the adapters for OTA and enhanced HD built into it. I just want to know if I will have to purchase anything else to receive OTA channels? Everyone I ask locally doesn't seem to have the answers.
Thanks for any help.

It sounds like you will be ready to go. For antenna information, you can go to www.antennaweb.org and it can give you info on OTA antennas for your area.

The 811 will have both adapters built in as well.

Plug everything in, and your TV will look great!

angiodan,
Thanks for the help. I didn't want to sink money into the 811 and then have to spend more for extras. When I ask questions at the local retail establishments, they want to nickle and dime me to death.

Yeah, any UHF/VHF antenna is HDTV ready. I'm not sure which part of the large state of VA you reside, but in the DC area, all Digital broadcasts are UHF only. So any UHF antenna will do. If you want an extra boost, I'd recommend the Radio Shack 15-1171 Digital Cable amp. It works great with HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts