HDTV Starter Kit Lease Program

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dirtydat

Original poster
Sep 20, 2003
Has anyone heard about the HDTV starter kit lease program in selected cities? You pay $99 and get a HD receiver and Dish. You pay $10/month for 12 months and then are able to purchase the receiver for around $100. I've tried to confirm this eith Directv CS but they don't know about the option to purchase after a year. Any input would be apprciated.

havent heard about it yet. what did the csr say about it? because if its possible I will definitly jump on it!!any info on this would be appreciated.

Here is an article about the lease program. I would jump on it if were avaliable in my market.

http://cableworld.com/microsites/newsarticle.asp?mode=print&newsarticleid=2692651&releaseid=&srid=11602&magazineid=1&siteid=20

even if its not available in N.Y. I'm thinkin about callin them and threaten to switch to dish,maybee they'll give it to me.It certainly doesnt hurt to try.

I saw something about this in a Circuit City. It was just sitting to the side in a small cardboard display and had some tickets in it.

I don't remember the specifics except that you took it to the checkout and paid $99 dollars and then called DirectTV.

I do remember thinking at the time that it did not sound like a good deal to me.

I did sign up for the lease program. The STB is a Sam TS-160. It was installed with the multi-sat dish and a SD rcvr for $99 plus $49 for SD rcvr. Unlike Comcast which didn't show up or call the installer showed up on time and did a great job! I received my 1st bill and they gave me the 1st month of HD free and 3 months of HBO also. I think next month they will charge the lease fee($10) and the HD fee but I am sure enjoying HD now!

dirtydat said:
I did sign up for the lease program. The STB is a Sam TS-160. It was installed with the multi-sat dish and a SD rcvr for $99 plus $49 for SD rcvr. Unlike Comcast which didn't show up or call the installer showed up on time and did a great job! I received my 1st bill and they gave me the 1st month of HD free and 3 months of HBO also. I think next month they will charge the lease fee($10) and the HD fee but I am sure enjoying HD now!

Do you happen to have any information on this lease program? I've been unable to find any kind of lease program for HD through DirecTV, short of calling them directly.

It's only available in selected cities, I had to turn in my paperwork to the installer but I think there about 8 cities they are test marketing this in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)