HDTV Video Card for HTPC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
that is the same one i bought a few months ago. i think i paid 120 from newegg. have not had a problem with it. it came with two free games.

i have not used the component out, i use svideo out for output to the tv and it looks decent. i have a 15 foot cheap svideo cable. i am going to be re wiring in a few weeks and am going to try the component output. i am using the dvi for my monitor. you will have to get the latest driver from nvidias website to enable all the features of the card.

i still have to get a real dish for my fta setup. i don't have anything hooked up right now. when i first got my twinhan g, i had a dish 500 hooked up to test it out. i only had a couple of channels to test, the only one with actual video was nasa if i remember correctly. it pulled in some music channels as well. hopefully in the next two months i will get the dish and motor. the thing that turns me off is the shipping for the dish. i am going to go to some local shops to see if i can find a 36 incher.

Yeah, I moved my C-band and dvb box and the 20 year old Ribbon cable was bad, Its been to Windy since Saturday morning to change wires...( I could but the wind is agravating...) I have some HD clips downloaded from various sites plus T-2 Extreme WMV version...

people will also tell you to get a better video card because the first thing usually associated with video gards are video games. i don't game on my computer and this card is more than enought for what we want it to do.

sorry to hear that. pci express was the reason i got that card. did yours come with the free games? i should sell mine on ebay since i don't use them.

Do they make a similar card in AGP? That looks like a nice solution for PC HDTV. I've done DVI but I'm badly in need of powerstrip to get the overscan correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts