HDTV Video Card for HTPC

that is the same one i bought a few months ago. i think i paid 120 from newegg. have not had a problem with it. it came with two free games.

i have not used the component out, i use svideo out for output to the tv and it looks decent. i have a 15 foot cheap svideo cable. i am going to be re wiring in a few weeks and am going to try the component output. i am using the dvi for my monitor. you will have to get the latest driver from nvidias website to enable all the features of the card.

i still have to get a real dish for my fta setup. i don't have anything hooked up right now. when i first got my twinhan g, i had a dish 500 hooked up to test it out. i only had a couple of channels to test, the only one with actual video was nasa if i remember correctly. it pulled in some music channels as well. hopefully in the next two months i will get the dish and motor. the thing that turns me off is the shipping for the dish. i am going to go to some local shops to see if i can find a 36 incher.

Yeah, I moved my C-band and dvb box and the 20 year old Ribbon cable was bad, Its been to Windy since Saturday morning to change wires...( I could but the wind is agravating...) I have some HD clips downloaded from various sites plus T-2 Extreme WMV version...

people will also tell you to get a better video card because the first thing usually associated with video gards are video games. i don't game on my computer and this card is more than enought for what we want it to do.

sorry to hear that. pci express was the reason i got that card. did yours come with the free games? i should sell mine on ebay since i don't use them.

Do they make a similar card in AGP? That looks like a nice solution for PC HDTV. I've done DVI but I'm badly in need of powerstrip to get the overscan correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)