GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - freezes on boot

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have 2 of the 3500's and neither of them has worked right. I contacted Eugene several times and never did get a definitive answer to my problems. Both of mine are sitting in the box they came in. After the 1st contact with Eugene, I could never get a return call or email from him. I've had them long enough now a refund is probably out of the question. I have never been able to get the 3500's to fill out the screen on any of my 4 TV's. The 1200 had an aspect setting of 4.3PS that was not migrated to the 3500. The 1200 works just fine filling out the screen.

I could have bought 6 of the Freesat V7 for what I paid for two of the 3500's. I bought these because they stopped updating the 1200's, but at least they are still working. I'm not a bit satisfied with the 3500's. The remote responds slow, they won't fill out the screen no matter what combination of settings you use, and it hangs up when switching channels. The remote is so weak if you don't have it pointed directly at the receiver, it won't change channels.

The signal meter is screwy too. I have channels that show 5% signal quality when it's hooked up, and 68% of the same channel on the 1200. I know nothing is going to work with a signal quality of 5%. Does anyone in here have a Linkbox 9000i? Are they a good investment? At this point I am open for suggestions.
I am slightly puzzled by your report. I am at work every day from 7:30 to 4:00 pm - toll free number 888-483-4673 x 8203 please call me and let's work it out. The firmware on the 3500 does make a difference, we do recommend updating it. Also, i have a permanent refund policy to unsatisfied customers. Please send your receivers and we will refund you.

If you are interested in making the 3500 work, send them to me and I (or my team mates) will update them at no cost to you and will ship it to you at no cost.

Please, do not hesitate to take us up on our offer, we do want you enjoying TV. Also, fastest way to communicate with me is email - eugene@satelliteav.com

Thank you,
Eugene

Huh, I have no idea why Eugene mentioned the Manhattan in his post then.
Manhattan 1997 is made and sold by the same factory and team as HDVR1200, with one difference - it has Ethernet port. We have not released HDVR1200 with Ethernet due to significant cost difference and other technical issues that prevented further development and enhancement of the operation.

I am slightly puzzled by your report. I am at work every day from 7:30 to 4:00 pm - toll free number 888-483-4673 x 8203 please call me and let's work it out. The firmware on the 3500 does make a difference, we do recommend updating it. Also, i have a permanent refund policy to unsatisfied customers. Please send your receivers and we will refund you.

If you are interested in making the 3500 work, send them to me and I (or my team mates) will update them at no cost to you and will ship it to you at no cost.

Please, do not hesitate to take us up on our offer, we do want you enjoying TV. Also, fastest way to communicate with me is email - eugene@satelliteav.com

Thank you,
Eugene

I appreciate the response and the offer. These receivers are quirky and the receiver responds slow using the remote, but the biggest thing for me is not being able to get the screen filled out on all the channels. When I spoke with you a few months ago, you asked me to try setting both the TV and receiver to "full" which I did. It still failed to fill out the screen. I tried contacting you by email and by phone, but I never heard back from you. Not sure what went on with that, but I'm not upset over it, just frustrated by not being able to get them to work like the 1200's.

In fact, I'm still using both of the 1200's, and other than it not being able to keep H&I, Decades and Movies working, I like them. Maybe there's a work around for the 3500's that could be added to the next firmware update that could keep the H&I MUX working. I just wish there were additional firmware updates for the 1200's. However, I don't believe the 3500's are going to fill out the screen unless the 4.3PS aspect ratio is added to the software.

The 1200's work properly on all my TV's regardless of brand. If you think you can get the 3500's working, I'd be more than willing to keep them. I don't know how much trouble it would be to add the 4.3PS aspect to the software, but I'm convinced it would remedy the problem. I'd be glad to send them to you and let you look them over. If you can fix the problem, I'd be willing to keep them.

While I think of it, there's one quirk in the 3500's that a bit annoying, For no apparent reason, both of these receivers will change the PID information, causing the channel to appear scrambled. To fix it, you have to go into the edit menu, erase the channel and manually reenter it. When you manually enter channels, you cannot go from one manually entered channel to another, without first going to a different channel that's not in that particular MUX. If you don't, the channel information will change, but you're still on the same channel. Please let me know what you'd like to do.

I appreciate the response and the offer. These receivers are quirky and the receiver responds slow using the remote, but the biggest thing for me is not being able to get the screen filled out on all the channels. When I spoke with you a few months ago, you asked me to try setting both the TV and receiver to "full" which I did. It still failed to fill out the screen. I tried contacting you by email and by phone, but I never heard back from you. Not sure what went on with that, but I'm not upset over it, just frustrated by not being able to get them to work like the 1200's.

In fact, I'm still using both of the 1200's, and other than it not being able to keep H&I, Decades and Movies working, I like them. Maybe there's a work around for the 3500's that could be added to the next firmware update that could keep the H&I MUX working. I just wish there were additional firmware updates for the 1200's. However, I don't believe the 3500's are going to fill out the screen unless the 4.3PS aspect ratio is added to the software.

The 1200's work properly on all my TV's regardless of brand. If you think you can get the 3500's working, I'd be more than willing to keep them. I don't know how much trouble it would be to add the 4.3PS aspect to the software, but I'm convinced it would remedy the problem. I'd be glad to send them to you and let you look them over. If you can fix the problem, I'd be willing to keep them.

While I think of it, there's one quirk in the 3500's that a bit annoying, For no apparent reason, both of these receivers will change the PID information, causing the channel to appear scrambled. To fix it, you have to go into the edit menu, erase the channel and manually reenter it. When you manually enter channels, you cannot go from one manually entered channel to another, without first going to a different channel that's not in that particular MUX. If you don't, the channel information will change, but you're still on the same channel. Please let me know what you'd like to do.

Let's give it an additional effort to sort out the screen fill. Give me two examples of the channels that fill properly and two examples that do not. We have several different TV models that we can see what works to fill them. Please list the model of your TV.

on the PID information being updated, give me specific channel that is being updated so that I can repeat the failure. Question, does it update when you do scan on the satellite? Or does it do on it's own?

Let's give it an additional effort to sort out the screen fill. Give me two examples of the channels that fill properly and two examples that do not. We have several different TV models that we can see what works to fill them. Please list the model of your TV.

on the PID information being updated, give me specific channel that is being updated so that I can repeat the failure. Question, does it update when you do scan on the satellite? Or does it do on it's own?

The channels in the MUX that has Grit and Laff, all fill out, but This and the Puerto Rican channel does not. Having said that, the Shepherd's Chapel Channel will fill out on certain broadcast and not on others. There are numerous channels that will have a black space to the left and right of the picture, and others will have a black space on all four sides. I have a Sony 60 inch, and LG 55 inch, a Panasonic 32 inch and a Vizio 32 inch. I at work right now and I don't have the model#'s handy.

I've had the PID info change on Buzzr, Laff, the Justice Channel, GDMX, MeTV and several others. We've turned the TV off and went to bed, got up the next morning and some of the PID info changed overnight. If you go in and edit the PID info, the channels will come right back on. I have two channels on Anik F1R that changed since the last time I was on them. Both of these were The Weather Network. It does it all by itself. Scanning doesn't seem to have any affect on it. When it does it, you'll go to the channel list and it will have a circle with an "S" in it and will say this is a subscription service.

On some of the channels it will fill in the spaces using a part of the picture's border to fill in the voids.

Manhattan 1997 is made and sold by the same factory and team as HDVR1200, with one difference - it has Ethernet port. We have not released HDVR1200 with Ethernet due to significant cost difference and other technical issues that prevented further development and enhancement of the operation.

That makes sense, I understand now.

The channels in the MUX that has Grit and Laff, all fill out, but This and the Puerto Rican channel does not. Having said that, the Shepherd's Chapel Channel will fill out on certain broadcast and not on others. There are numerous channels that will have a black space to the left and right of the picture, and others will have a black space on all four sides. I have a Sony 60 inch, and LG 55 inch, a Panasonic 32 inch and a Vizio 32 inch. I at work right now and I don't have the model#'s handy.

I've had the PID info change on Buzzr, Laff, the Justice Channel, GDMX, MeTV and several others. We've turned the TV off and went to bed, got up the next morning and some of the PID info changed overnight. If you go in and edit the PID info, the channels will come right back on. I have two channels on Anik F1R that changed since the last time I was on them. Both of these were The Weather Network. It does it all by itself. Scanning doesn't seem to have any affect on it. When it does it, you'll go to the channel list and it will have a circle with an "S" in it and will say this is a subscription service.

On some of the channels it will fill in the spaces using a part of the picture's border to fill in the voids.
I am looking for a away to make the LOCK public. I have ability to lock the channel information from my end, but let me investigate if I could make that available to any user.

The Fill out on the screen sometimes is not the receiver issue, because the Shepherd channel broadcasts 480i that has the black sides embedded in the footage. So the sides are actually part of the picture. But i am going to monitor it and will update you.

I am looking for a away to make the LOCK public. I have ability to lock the channel information from my end, but let me investigate if I could make that available to any user.

The Fill out on the screen sometimes is not the receiver issue, because the Shepherd channel broadcasts 480i that has the black sides embedded in the footage. So the sides are actually part of the picture. But i am going to monitor it and will update you.

I realize some of the broadcast data on Shepherd's Chapel was data from the old C-Band broadcast days, but again, the 4.3PS aspect in the software used in the HDVR 1200 eliminates this problem. I have 2 Freesat V7's, and neither of those has this issue. I was just curious about the problem with the 3500. Only one of these TV's is over 3 years old, with the Sony 60 inch being less than 1 year old, and the LG 55 inch less than 2 years old.

If the problem was isolated to 1 TV, I'd have to agree that it's a TV problem, but 4 different TV's kinda rules that out. I hope we can find a solution. How big of a deal is it to include the 4.3PS aspect ratio in the next firmware update?

The Service Information tables often are built with Active Format Descriptor (AFD) flags. The broadcaster can enable AFD descriptors to provide the receiver and/or display with information regarding either the service or the event native aspect ratio. Many operators do not enable this function and require the user to manually configure the output display settings. Typically, receivers and TVs allow the user to select either the automatic aspect ratio setting or a manual override. wvman is correct that the STB is not currently configured to allow the user to override the AFD flags.

Reactions: SatelliteAV
I figured out the way to correct this manually without having to connect to a cpu.

Power off the machine from the back. Power back on and start hitting the dvr button on the remote repeatedly until it boots up and put you in the dvr section.

Once in the dvr section you can hit menu and it takes you to the internet screen with the iptv,youtubes and others. Go down to settings, you have to be quick on the next step because once you hit settings in about a second or two it will freeze up again so hit settings and as soon as it pops up hit enter to go into the dish settings. Go in on the satellite that has the channel that is frozen and delete all the tps manually. Once you do so rescan the sat and there you have it the tp that was causes the receiver to lock up is gone and no more freezing. Again you have to push enter as soon as the settings screen pops up or it will freeze again.

Thanks for this observation. You can also do a factory default if you are quick to get into menu.

Not enough time for me. I tried several times and it would only go to the third option and freeze. Mine just did this again. Hopefully I can figure out what is causing it to prevent it. I have never seen this issue before on another reciever and used to have the microhd which worked like a charm for years, I assumed the 3500 was better and maybe is once I can figure out this bug.

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)