GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Output Display Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
Back in July I purchased 2 HDVR3500 receivers and from the git go I could not find a setting that would fill out the screen on my TV. I contacted Eugene at GeoSat and mentioned the problem to him and he gave me a recommendation to try, which by the way, didn't work. I've tried to contact him 3 times since, both by phone, and by email, and have never received a return answer.

I explained that the HDVR1200's had a setting of 4.3PS in the aspect settings that worked great will all my TV's. The HDVR3500 does not have this setting. Without it, I get channels that have black spaces at the left & right edge about 6 inches in width, or it will have a Black space on all four sides of the picture. I've never been able to find a happy medium where all the pictures fill out the screen. I was hoping they would add the 4.3PS setting to the 3500 updates, but so far, I don't think it's happened.

The older TV was a 55 inch LG I bought 2 years ago. Just to see if there would be any difference, I purchased a 60 inch Sony and encountered the same problem. That makes three big screen TV's with the same problem. The 1200 does just fine. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how displaying a 4:3 image in it's original format on a widescreen TV is a problem. Have you looked in the menu system of the TV to see if there is a stretch option? Every TV I own has a button on the remote to adjust the display format on the fly. I've never understood why anyone would want to stretch (distort) a 4:3 picture and simply enlarging it cuts off the top and bottom but to each his own. Bars on each side is only displaying it in the original format. When there are bars all around it's because the station is sending the signal in the wrong format for the image and not compensating on their end.

I don't see how displaying a 4:3 image in it's original format on a widescreen TV is a problem. Have you looked in the menu system of the TV to see if there is a stretch option? Every TV I own has a button on the remote to adjust the display format on the fly. I've never understood why anyone would want to stretch (distort) a 4:3 picture and simply enlarging it cuts off the top and bottom but to each his own. Bars on each side is only displaying it in the original format. When there are bars all around it's because the station is sending the signal in the wrong format for the image and not compensating on their end.

The setting I am speaking of is 4.3PS. It has a standard 4.3 setting, but not the 4.3PS. If memory serves me, the PS stands for "Progressive Scan." When I hooked up the old HDVR 1200, I took it off 4.3PS and set it to 4.3. The pictures immediately shrank. The "Stretch" feature makes the picture bigger but it blows the picture up until part of the head is out of range at the top. With the PS setting, the picture fill out the screen on all the channels and the channel banner fits nicely between the left and right side of the screen.

I've hooked the HDVR 3500 on three different TV's and it's the same on all of them. It's something I've never ran into before. The Freesat V7 works properly like the HDVR 1200. I received an email from a brother in Tennessee and he ordered a 3500 after I did, and he has the same problem. I like the 3500's because it has nice features and it's easy to program and transfer data. My wife's on me all the time about being such a perfectionist. Things that don't bother her, drives me crazy. I once worked 14 hours straight fixing a quirk in Windows XP. :)

Get a V8 Super? :eeek

Sorry I could not resist. We don't have a 3500 here so no way to give you an honest answer to your 3500 question and it appears even the one bringing it out does not have the answer to correct the problem for your setup.

I was hoping Geosat could add the 4.3PS setting to one of their firmware updates. I can't imagine it being all that difficult, but maybe there's something there I'm not aware of. I'd also be curious how many others are experiencing the same issues. BTW, I am considering the V8 Super.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)