he Twinhan 102g card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

christloves

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
Davie, Fl.
I already setup my satellite dish which is a 90cm fortec and a invacom qph31 and using my fortec classic reciever, recieved several satellites. and channels. I Installed a twinhan 102g card in my media center and tried the BDA Drivers. No luck in mce 2005. I then installed the XP drivers and software that came with the card. Went to setup the satellites using the advanced option. When I try to move to Galaxy 10r, or any satellite, I get a error cannot reach this satellite from your location. i ENTERED MY lAT AND lONGITUDE, AND TRIED TO SET MY LIMITS... Still same error message. HELP

Is the card setup right in windows? (go to the device manager in xp). Check to see if the drivers are installed and not splatted (make sure they do not have a yellow dots with exclaimation points next to them). The reason I ask is that you can get that error from time to time if the drivers are not working.

If thats setup I would reinstall the twinhan progtv application again (or you can try progdvb which is free).

Got no problems with the drivers. Did it twice...... The problem I think is setting the EAST and And WEST LIMITS, I may be wrong. How do you set the limits?

Unfortunatly I cant help you there. I just use mine for a fixed dish. I have read on here that some have had problems moving the dish unless they had a really beefy computer power supply (recommended 450 watt or better).

Anyways hope you get it figured out, if not one of the guru's will be around and may be able to help ya a bit more than I have.

partyharty said:
Unfortunatly I cant help you there. I just use mine for a fixed dish. I have read on here that some have had problems moving the dish unless they had a really beefy computer power supply (recommended 450 watt or better).

Anyways hope you get it figured out, if not one of the guru's will be around and may be able to help ya a bit more than I have.

I have used a Twinhan 1020A with a wimpy computer / power supply . It seemed to move the dish fine , in fact , I have 2 moterized Ku dishes running off of a 1020A card and a Nexus-S card .

I use MT , and not remember what software you said you were using ? I have not had much luck with USALS motor control with the PVI DVB-S cards ( fortec Ultra does this fine ) so I the Diesque motor control where you assign position numbers to sats ) .

Does it have a disable limited choice on the motor setup menus ? Far as I know , it does not hurt a Ku dish motor to drive it to factory east or west limites . They have limit switches inside .

Wyr

Last edited:
I use the twinhan software and the ProgDVB. Main reason I have stuck with the twinhan software is because the remote works good with it (and thats a must for the wife). I have heard they have gotten the remote to work with ProgDVB though (just need to test it out).

It shouldnt hurt the motor to take it to the east/west limits (I wouldnt think it would anyways) unless the dish is sized to big for the motor.

I dont remember the twinhan software has a disable limited choice on the motor setup menu (since I have never setup a motor for it). I do remember reading some threads on here (in the FTA PC DVB discussion) where people were having some problems getting the Twinhan cards to move the dish's. (you can limit a search to that discussion to get the threads).

Are you running the twinhan off of the Fortec's Loop out port or are you using a switch? Have you tried just to run the Twinhan card straight to the motor/dish to see if it works that way?

Chris

Present Configuration: 102g on a intel 955 btx board with 2 gig ram. Dual Core Pentium extreme 840 processor. 550 watt modular btx power supply. Hauppage mce200r tuner card . Ati 850 pro. Sata Drives.

The 102g is connected directly to the HH90 motor which is connected to a Diseq 4 to 1 switch. which is connected to the Invacom QPH 31. By manually pushing 2 degrees east I am picking up AMC 5. The USALS on the 102g will not work. When I try to move to satellite it gives me the error message "cannot reach this sattelite from your location. I clear limits and then I move to max east and set East limit. I move back to zero and then push to max west and set the west limit. Still gives the error.

I have not figured out how to do two things using the Twinhan software.

1: Switch from circular to linear,
2: Use the usals to move automatically from satellite to satellite.

I downloaded the ProgDVB, It states that the device is not activated.

As this computer has the MCE2005 version of XP, I tried all the drivers inclusive of the DBA drivers for mce2005.

Only the standard XP drivers work to some extent directly from the XP Desktop.

Tried the MCE DBA Drivers. MCE2005 recognizes the card but will not configure it because it says that the signal is not uasble even though I installed the Twinhan DVBS to DVBT emulator.

Fun ain't it.?

What do you think?

I think your running a much better system than I :D I am just running on a basic AthlonXP 2400 with 512 mb Ram (generic "I am not even sure of the brand" motherboard, 400 watt power supply. etc). This is used as our pvr and FTA is the only programming we get (with the exception of 2 stations we get OTA). It gets a bit of a workout.

How is running both tv cards working for you? I had to pull the extra tv card I had in mine (PC Studio which is a generic 878 chipset) due to the driver conflicting with the twinhans driver.

You touched on one of the things I havent been able to figure out either with the Twinhan software (how to change the LNB to circular). I hooked it up to an old dish network setup (in order to try and get the FTA stations on 119) and was never able to find the setting for it (and therefore was never able to get it to work).

I noticed Iceberg pulled this thread into the PC DVB discussion board so you should get some more answers (from people a bit more informed than I).

Anyways I hope you get it figured out.

c-ya
Chris

I have no known conflicts as yet running the two cards... The Hauppauge works well in MCE2005 for cable or terrestial, inclusive of the epg.

I was hoping that SOMEONE had experience using the 102g with a motorized dish. Using the Usals to move to satellite rather than moving manually with move to east or west.

USALS problems are most likely software problems ( if & when you get the card's drivers working correctly ) . The HH 90 almost certainly works on USALS , since Stab ( from what I read ) helped develope the USALS system .

Try downloading the free trial of MyTheatre ( MT ) . It works fine for me , just manually find your sat ( or use a USALS compliant STB receiver to find the sats for you ) & then assign / store a position number for the sat . This stores the info in the " brain " in the motor , not in the software on the computer or the STB receiver .

The program AltDVB is suspose to do USALS , but I have not worked with it enough to get that far . Always go back to MT . A lot of these programs have modules or plugins to do motor control .

I have also found DVBDream to be an easy program to use & set up , but never found a good module or plugin to do USALS , or could not figure out how to use it .

You may never get this to working right , if the Twinhan drivers are not right . Are you saying that is one of the problems you are having ? Try going to the Twinhan web site & look for newer / better drivers & software ?

Linear vs circular . Change the LOF values . On some applications , a 22 khz switch may work better down stream of the moter , than a Diesque switch . Most STB receivers support this . I think some PCI DVB-S programs do ?

Best of luck ,
Wyr

christloves said:
Present Configuration: 102g on a intel 955 btx board with 2 gig ram. Dual Core Pentium extreme 840 processor. 550 watt modular btx power supply. Hauppage mce200r tuner card . Ati 850 pro. Sata Drives.

The 102g is connected directly to the HH90 motor which is connected to a Diseq 4 to 1 switch. which is connected to the Invacom QPH 31. By manually pushing 2 degrees east I am picking up AMC 5. The USALS on the 102g will not work. When I try to move to satellite it gives me the error message "cannot reach this sattelite from your location. I clear limits and then I move to max east and set East limit. I move back to zero and then push to max west and set the west limit. Still gives the error.

I have not figured out how to do two things using the Twinhan software.

1: Switch from circular to linear,
2: Use the usals to move automatically from satellite to satellite.

I downloaded the ProgDVB, It states that the device is not activated.

As this computer has the MCE2005 version of XP, I tried all the drivers inclusive of the DBA drivers for mce2005.

Only the standard XP drivers work to some extent directly from the XP Desktop.

Tried the MCE DBA Drivers. MCE2005 recognizes the card but will not configure it because it says that the signal is not uasble even though I installed the Twinhan DVBS to DVBT emulator.

Fun ain't it.?

What do you think?

Last edited:
Well..............

The Solution to the Usals problem with the 102g Twinhan Pci card.

DON't enter your longitude as requested by the Twinhan satellite setup program under Advanced satellite setup.

Enter your true south + 100 degrees. In my case where my longitude is 80.3, My true south is 185 degrees., I set my longitude to 283 degrees and I am now scrolling between the satellites acurately.... My final degree number was a bit of trial and error.

Hint... The positions of each satelite is given in the satellite setup program and goes, for some wierd reason, from WEST TO EAST. not as shown on the fortec reciever from EAST to West. Possiblely thats how they do it in Tiwan. I don't know. Tomorrow, I work on combining the diseq switch to scan both Linear and Circular while using the motor.

Last edited:
christloves said:
Well..............

The Solution to the Usals problem with the 102g Twinhan Pci card.

DON't enter your longitude as requested by the Twinhan satellite setup program under Advanced satellite setup.

Enter your true south + 100 degrees. In my case where my longitude is 80.3, My true south is 185 degrees., I set my longitude to 283 degrees and I am now scrolling between the satellites acurately.... My final degree number was a bit of trial and error.

Hint... The positions of each satelite is given in the satellite setup program and goes, for some wierd reason, from WEST TO EAST. not as shown on the fortec reciever from EAST to West. Possiblely thats how they do it in Tiwan. I don't know. Tomorrow, I work on combining the diseq switch to scan both Linear and Circular while using the motor.

Glad to hear you got it to work . :)

I figured it was a software problem .

What the real answer is , maybe , 360 degrees - your longitude ( 80.3 degrees ) = 279.7 degrees ?

Wyr

Yes, Had to adjust to 279.7 degrees.

Tested the 2.0 4 to 1 diseq switch provided by Sadoun's Satellite sales. The Twinhan program does not recognize it. Installed it . Entered 10750 for my first LNB in the Satellite Setup, and 11250 in the second LNB description and scanned a satellite. No quality strength showed up and the satellite was not locked and of course, nothing found. Tried a couple more satellites, same issue....

removed the switch, removed the 11250 from the second satellite, did a scan again. NO Problem.... Either the switch provided (and I was sold 2 for the QPH31) is not compatable with the 102g Pci card or software...

The Diseq switch DID work with the Fortec Reciever.

I found that the 102g does not pick up all the stations I picked up with the fortec classic. I am going to have to rescan with the fortec reciever and compare frequencies... Then add tps to the satellite data file in the Twinhan software.

"Unless someone has any Ideas that would save me Time"

Would also like to know the names of the Satellites that has FTA English worthwhile Programs The only one found was galaxy 10r at 123 degrees.

Last edited:
christloves said:
I was hoping that SOMEONE had experience using the 102g with a motorized dish. Using the Usals to move to satellite rather than moving manually with move to east or west.

I don't know of any USAL plugins for a Twinhan. I wish someone would write a program like "SS2diseqc1.9" for the Twinhan. I have only been able to use USAL in Altdvb by enter a motor angle, which is fine if you have a list of all your known satellite angles.

I have the motor (HH90) working perfectly now...... The challange is now to get the Diseq switch working in conjunction with the motor to switch from the Liniar to the circular outputs on the Invacom QPH-31. I notice that the dSeq switch provided by sadouns, is a 2.0 and not a 1.2. Do I need to purchase a 1.2 switch?

If so why would Sadouns sell me a 2.0.... Unless they do not know.

christloves said:
I have the motor (HH90) working perfectly now...... The challange is now to get the Diseq switch working in conjunction with the motor to switch from the Liniar to the circular outputs on the Invacom QPH-31. I notice that the dSeq switch provided by sadouns, is a 2.0 and not a 1.2. Do I need to purchase a 1.2 switch?

Twinhan cards have a noisy power supply which makes diseqc switches intermittent, see last page;

hxxp://board.mytheatre.ru/viewtopic.php?t=4514&start=45

christloves said:

See if your software supports a 22 khz switch . It worked for me downstream of the motor on a Fortec Ultra . Could not get the Diesque swirch to work down stream of the motor .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)