Heard a rumor that Dish would offer TurboHD to existing customers

I also switched via ceo

I switched via ceo and I am very pleased with the change in my bill. My only regret is that CSPAN is not included in the all hd package. NASA is included as is most of the shopping packages so why not CSPAN?

JC

I switched via ceo and I am very pleased with the change in my bill. My only regret is that CSPAN is not included in the all hd package. NASA is included as is most of the shopping packages so why not CSPAN?

JC
CSPAN is a package SD channel, not HD. NASA is a public interest channel. You can get those regardless of package.

Re CSPAN

I am aware that NASA is a public interest channel but so is CSPAN. The is no charge to carry the channels as they are paid for by the cable industry and congress I believe. I was not being critical only expressing a desire that they be included because they are certainly more important than the Shopping Channels and are at least important as NASA.

Just My Two Cents

JC

I got upgraded to Gold early last week by emailing CEO. I then called regular E* CS and had them bump it to Platinum. So nice to have my RSNs in HD back! Already watched 2 Laker games on it that I otherwise would have missed.

I'd love to switch to all HD but my kids would beat me in my sleep with soap-in-a-sock, Full Metal Jacket style, if they couldn't get Nick, Noggin, etc. As soon as they go HD, I'm there.

I actually made this mistake ... :eek:

Hopefully ... fingers crossed ... we will be getting Nick in HD here real soon ... my 4 year old is going through Dora withdrawals ... ;)

Thanks for that info... I called them up armed with that info and the CSR said she thought that was normal since I had an HD receiver. I stuck to my guns and quoted the page and she said she'd check with her supervisor. 10 minutes later she gets back on and says he said back when I signed up the leased receiver fee was normal but since it's not anymore he's going to take it off. I asked about getting a retroactive credit back to the point where it most other people weren't paying it but she said that wasn't possible and really it was just the plan I signed up under and the supervisor was doing me a favor by removing it.

Ah well... I guess I'll just wait until February 1 and reorganize the entire bill anyway at which point I probably would have gotten that 7 dollars adjusted regardless.

Have you ever upgraded from another receiver? If you have, you may have done so via the "Dish n' It Up" program, which introduced a $6 (now $7) fee on to your monthly statement.

If this is the case, and you managed to get that $7 fee removed, that'd be interesting, since it's normally "not able to be removed". Which is especially frustrating, since new customers get the same equipment that existing customers must upgrade to via Dish n' It Up, and the new subscribers pay no such lease fee. However, the existing customers are stuck with the lease fee for as long as they remain a customer.

Last edited:
I actually made this mistake ... :eek:

Hopefully ... fingers crossed ... we will be getting Nick in HD here real soon ... my 4 year old is going through Dora withdrawals ...
When I switched to HD Absolute, my wife and I consider it a plus that we lost Nick. No Nick, no SpongeBob !

Hopefully, they don't require new commitment to switch for one of the HD-only packages. If that's the case, I'll switch.

No new commitments are required ... unless you do not have HD capable receivers ... then you will need to upgrade ... which odds are will require a commitment.

No new commitments are required ... unless you do not have HD capable receivers ... then you will need to upgrade ... which odds are will require a commitment.

It's definitely a requirement to have all HD receivers to get Turbo (I don't think you need a long term commitment tho). CEO initially refused my request because I still had an old 311 listed on my account for some reason. I assured him there was no 311 in use and that my receivers were a 622 and a 612 respectively. He cleared that up and then turned on the Turbo package for me.

I did sign a new two year agreement when I got the 612 back in November (free second HD DVR with free install with 2 yr commitment). But when I called to upgrade my Turbo Gold to Platinum last week the rep told me if I upped for another two years from that date, I would get one of my monthly DVR fees waived. So I went for it. My two year now starts in Jan instead of Nov but whatever. Those commitments have flown by for me in the past. And frankly with the 922 on the horizon I am not going anywhere. :cool:

I got the movie channel deal as well. Forgot to mention that. There are a few things out there right now that you can get a deal on if you talk to the right people. The trick with E* CS continues to be either email CEO, or make sure if you call to ask for Tech Support right up front. Tech Support is here in the US and they can do everything, including programming and billing.

I am aware that NASA is a public interest channel but so is CSPAN. The is no charge to carry the channels as they are paid for by the cable industry and congress I believe. I was not being critical only expressing a desire that they be included because they are certainly more important than the Shopping Channels and are at least important as NASA.

Just My Two Cents

JC
I had an online chat rep add the PI channels (including CSPAN, but unfort not CSPAN2) to my HD Absolute package. Channels were activated within minutes. Give it a try.

Thanks for that info... I called them up armed with that info and the CSR said she thought that was normal since I had an HD receiver. I stuck to my guns and quoted the page and she said she'd check with her supervisor. 10 minutes later she gets back on and says he said back when I signed up the leased receiver fee was normal but since it's not anymore he's going to take it off. I asked about getting a retroactive credit back to the point where it most other people weren't paying it but she said that wasn't possible and really it was just the plan I signed up under and the supervisor was doing me a favor by removing it.

Ah well... I guess I'll just wait until February 1 and reorganize the entire bill anyway at which point I probably would have gotten that 7 dollars adjusted regardless.

I wasn't aware they had dropped this fee either. I am on hold write now to get it removed from my monthly bill.

Thanks!

This stinks. I finished my phone call and they won't take the fee off because of when I leased my 622 (September 2006).