Hello all. Opinions needed.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LaTundra

Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Hi.

I have DTV coming out tomorrow and was wondering:

A.) Is there anything I should be on the lookout for?
B.) Is there any particular equipment that I should ask for? Like brand or type specific.

The setup I will be having done is 4 flat hdtv's and 1 DVR.
Thanks

They will install what ever receivers they have on the truck, at the time of your installation. You can request a particular receiver but you will get what they have at that time. As SWM and DECA they will probably ask you if you want DECA, but most everything new is done in SWM. Just had a new installation a few months ago and this was how it went.

A) Be on the lookout for a white truck with DirecTV written on it
B) No

Sorry...Couldn't resist it. :)

I don't know what the best DVR is but for your other HDTV's I would ask for H24's unless you're needing to hide the receiver behind it, then a H25. But if the receiver is going to be visible, defiantly a H24.

I have three HR24 DVRs, and they are nice boxes. Early next Year though, DirecTV will be releasing the HR34 DVR. This new DVR will have 5 tuners, allowing you to watch one channel and record four others on the same DVR. It will also have picture in picture.

If you are going to be a single DVR house, then the HR34 would be ideal for you next year.

I have three HR24 DVRs, and they are nice boxes. Early next Year though, DirecTV will be releasing the HR34 DVR. This new DVR will have 5 tuners, allowing you to watch one channel and record four others on the same DVR. It will also have picture in picture.

If you are going to be a single DVR house, then the HR34 would be ideal for you next year.

Is there any rumors that they're charge for each tuner? That' would be expensive. With this they'll want them hooked up to the tv's in your house or they just for recording?

Is there any rumors that they're charge for each tuner? That' would be expensive. With this they'll want them hooked up to the tv's in your house or they just for recording?

Hi Andrew,

The initial cost of the DVR will be interesting, but after that, its Just a box with 5 tuners instead of two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)