Hello Everyone from Jefferson/New Orleans!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You betcha.........soon as I a) locate the camera b) find the batteries and charger c) have a few hours of daylight with nothing else to do and d) get internet at home instead of having to do it at work (although on a slow day it's no big deal).
Country living rocks!!!!!!

You betcha.........soon as I a) locate the camera b) find the batteries and charger c) have a few hours of daylight with nothing else to do and d) get internet at home instead of having to do it at work (although on a slow day it's no big deal).
Country living rocks!!!!!!

Good for you Big Daddy! I wish I could have that life myself, wife has me tied down to this miserable city.

Good for you Inno!

We'll be looking forward to the pictures!! (hint - hint KevinAPB)

Ok here we go..

One of the pics is blurry and I am not going back up there, my neighbors are already paying too much attention to the dishes that seem to be popping up in my yard. The Ku LNB seems to be an Aspen.
The C-Band is a California Amplifier Mini-Mag LNB PN 14001
The Mover is a Von Weise Satellite Actuator
Feed Horn is Chaparral and the Dish is HomeCable
Pictures include a candid picture of Tron looking at the Bud we aligned. It took 5 people to pick it up and place it onto the pole.. I know I know..
You can clearly see the damage to the dish in DSCN9880 but dont seem to affect anything as I have 80-90% quality signals..
I am using a PROSAT 210 to move the dish, a General Instruments VCII 2400R to control polarity for now and my Buzz FTA receiver.

Kevin

Attachments

• DSC09878.JPG
    DSC09878.JPG
    530 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC09897.JPG
    DSC09897.JPG
    507.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
pictures did not show up???

Attachments

• SatellitePicLNB1.jpg
    SatellitePicLNB1.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Dsc09872.jpg
    Dsc09872.jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
say WHAT ?

What the hell did you do?
Put a camera on the dish?
No wonder the neighbors are coming after you with flaming torches and pitchforks. :eek:

And as for putting LEDs on the dish, I really wouldn't do that.
It just works as a good aiming point for night shooting. - :eureka

What the hell did you do?
Put a camera on the dish?
No wonder the neighbors are coming after you with flaming torches and pitchforks. :eek:

And as for putting LEDs on the dish, I really wouldn't do that.
It just works as a good aiming point for night shooting. - :eureka

I do a lot of shooting at night around here, rats everywhere! Bait and shoot. No LEDs but the camera gives me reference as to where the dish is because I have no feedback from the actuator arm. For the most part, its the new neighbors behind me that is wondering what I am doing, the old folks behind me as well think we are nutz, maybe they are right?

PS: I even have a rat cam to capture the fatal shots, lots O fun but this dish made me put my gun away for now..

Hey there KevinAPB,

Nice pictures, some a little dark, but at least we get to see it. :)

The Cal-Amp 25K is a pretty decent C-band LNB. If the Ku is an Eagle Aspen .6db you are in pretty good shape there too.

If the dish is a full 8' from rim to rim, it is more than likely a Unimesh dish with the Home Cable label on it.

The little bit of damage to the outer rim won't hurt C-Band much, and the Ku might not be affected too much either.

The main thing is that it is working. :cool:

Fred

Hey there KevinAPB,

Nice pictures, some a little dark, but at least we get to see it. :)

The Cal-Amp 25K is a pretty decent C-band LNB. If the Ku is an Eagle Aspen .6db you are in pretty good shape there too.

If the dish is a full 8' from rim to rim, it is more than likely a Unimesh dish with the Home Cable label on it.

The little bit of damage to the outer rim won't hurt C-Band much, and the Ku might not be affected too much either.

The main thing is that it is working. :cool:

Fred

Its working wonderfully actually.. I am very excited about the dish and the things up there. I need to get more comfortable moving it around with out limit switches i.e. the camera.. Feeds are something of interest to me but I am on Panamsat 9(c) right now - its a trade off, there is AlJazeera on one polarity and the other is DW-TV, same frequency but different polarity.

To be very serious though, I am shocked at the direction this blue marble we all share is heading, the violence and hate around the world is incredible. Crying shame.. it opened my eyes I guess albeit theres a degree of propaganda out there too.

Where can I go to share my finds and such on this site?

Let me take part of that back, I am blind scanning Ku on 58 Panamsat and nothing, nada, just a 20% Q from one TP and it wont go any higher. I tried bumping the dish west/east but nada again.. OOOHHH Wait as I type its locked and whoosh its gone..

Kevin trying with Ku

That's because there isn't anything on 58W that the Eagle Aspen can pull in. :)

You need a Universal Ku LNB to pickup whatever is there that has a footprint aimed at North America.

Fred

That's because there isn't anything on 58W that the Eagle Aspen can pull in. :)

You need a Universal Ku LNB to pickup whatever is there that has a footprint aimed at North America.

Fred

Tron was just over here telling me the same thing.. I want to hit 97 but its behind the tree, winter is coming and it will drop its leaves.

You can see I am extremely new to this lol..

ROFL! This thread is funny as hell. Welcome to the forum, Kevin!

I don't frequent the C-Band sub-forum too much, since my Paraclipse is still grounded, but your success with that dish is really beginning to inspire me :)

I thought that was a Von Weise actuator. I have one that is frozen, but you might be able to salvage some parts from it to fix yours. Give me a call tomorrow (AFTER 4:00 p.m. :D) The actuator from the Paraclipse is also a Von Weise, and it is in superb condition. As you know, I've got two GI analog receivers coming my way (a 450i and a 550i, both will run an actuator), so we'll be able to do some better things soon.

If you can't hit 97w through the trees with your BUD, stick a Ku dish up in the middle of the yard. You won't regret it...

We like Tron, Stogie, and Gabshere. They are all from down your way, though Gabshere is just a few miles north of you. Edit: I forgot Swampman. He's from down your way too.

Don't forget Digiblur (uplink reports staff) and Rdel, both from Southeast Louisiana!

Kevin has G-25 Ku! :) Went there tonight and helped him aim. He's got a tree partially blocking it though, I think. Somewhat weak on certain transponders for a BUD.

I suggest a fixed 1M Ku dish, we're picking one up (hopefully) tomorrow...

Again you were right, although we were successful in hitting 97W last night, when the wind started blowing I started losing it and was I bummed. I stayed awake most of the night watching my bud move a little which helped me understand better where to weld the support arms and 4 legs. 97W has to go so TODAY when I come and pick you up, most likely wake you up I will just read this to ya lol.. Seriously though, I am moving back to 58W for now, I was having TONS OF FUN THERE!

See ya today Jim, lets get that dish down carefully and i will take you to go and get that Polar Mount if you want it. I already knocked on their door yesterday..

ROFL! This thread is funny as hell. Welcome to the forum, Kevin!

I don't frequent the C-Band sub-forum too much, since my Paraclipse is still grounded, but your success with that dish is really beginning to inspire me :)

I thought that was a Von Weise actuator. I have one that is frozen, but you might be able to salvage some parts from it to fix yours. Give me a call tomorrow (AFTER 4:00 p.m. :D) The actuator from the Paraclipse is also a Von Weise, and it is in superb condition. As you know, I've got two GI analog receivers coming my way (a 450i and a 550i, both will run an actuator), so we'll be able to do some better things soon.

If you can't hit 97w through the trees with your BUD, stick a Ku dish up in the middle of the yard. You won't regret it...

Don't forget Digiblur (uplink reports staff) and Rdel, both from Southeast Louisiana!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts