Hello....need a little help out here.....

LoghomeSnowbird

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
SW Florida
I'm a retired snowbird and knowing Ma Bell had pooched the signal south of the 49th, I elected to bring my Shaw PVR and an old 60 dish to my RV in Southwest Florida. Lo and behold, I could get SD channels but no HD. Figure I needed to reaim my dish. Lo and behold no way could I get enough signal to acquire HD. So......I went to the web and pretty much everyone said, need a bigger dish. Getting one shipped down from Canada just not going to happen, too tough to purchase through friends and way too expensive to ship down. I purchased a Patriot 36X31 Eliptical dish and a couple of Avenger 321.0 10750Frequency LNB's. While I was at it I also purchased a First Strike Signal Meter. I've programmed the meter for Anik F2 which is supposed to be in orbit at 111.1W and that would put it at an Azmuth of 236 degrees from where I live but I get "nada". I've never had a problem getting a dish aimed but this is driving me NUTS. I'm so desperate right now that if someone told me to go bury a banana skin under the dish to get it to work, I'd try it. Any ideas out there....anyone?:eek:

Look around your area for a DirecTV Triple LNBF setup. Shaw will have same skew. Point dish 1 degree to right of DTV setup.

I have one across the street, hooked up my First Strike and he has good signal and excellent quality on 110, about 12 bars. The Patriot dish I have allows for LNB skew but not dish skew. The best I can get is 3 bars on 110. Do you think the dish is the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)